Elect.Wheel - recommend best buy?

Old November 12th 04, 08:49 AM
Fowlerhl212

Default Elect.Wheel - recommend best buy?

I am a beginner, just finished some classes at the local college. I am looking
for an electric wheel that isn't too expensive (Cheap is good), but also is
well built, durable. A good buy for the money. Please recommend.
Thanks,
Lynn
Old November 12th 04, 04:52 PM
DKat

I like my Shimpo RK Whisper - www.bennetpottery.com is the cheapest place I
have found to order from.

Old November 14th 04, 11:21 AM
Steve Mills

Where geographically are you?
If we know that you stand a better chance of getting info to suit your
location.

Steve
Bath
UK

In article , Fowlerhl212
writes

--
Steve Mills
Bath
Old December 7th 04, 08:09 AM
sam

It is better to buy a good wheel and spend a little more then to buy a
less expensive wheel which won't be as good. For example, the Creative
Industries Clay Boss wheel can be puchased for less then $600, but the
quality of the wheel is much less then say a Brent Model B which sells
for around $1000. Throwing on a Clay Class is akin to driving a Ford
Pinto whereas throwing on a Brent is like driving a Porshe, they both
get you there but one sure makes the ride nicer. =)

Old December 7th 04, 08:10 AM
sam

Considering shoping for a used wheel on eBay or check the classified
ads in your area for wheels.

Old December 7th 04, 09:44 PM
ShantiP1

The Brents (I have two), are real work horses. They are very low maintenance as
well.
The Axner wheel has received some good reviews, except it's pan which is
supposed to be a pain. The Pacifica is a good wheel that had some problems a
few years ago, but those have been resolved. The Pacifica is also a nice quiet
wheel, unlike the Brent.
The best I can suggest is to look at all of them and try as many as you can so
you can make the choice that works best for you.
Check Ebay. They were selling Pacificas on ebay a year ago and still may be.
Check Bennett's in FLorida (I think they advertise in Ceramics monthly). They
have very low prices on wheels; and I believe the freight is based on
manufacturer to you; but you can double check that.

Good luck,
June
http://www.angelfire.com/art2/shambhalapottery/

Recommend rope shop Y Korer Knots 1 February 8th 05 12:06 AM
Can you recommend an over for polymer? Oppie Polymer Clay 6 November 5th 04 08:46 PM
stupid newbie question on kiln firing Beowulf Pottery 10 December 18th 03 02:32 AM
Newbie to Polymer Clay - recommend a good book? Christi Conley Polymer Clay 5 November 28th 03 07:23 AM
Can anyone recommend a source for Bali Silver? Julie Ferguson Beads 4 August 13th 03 11:49 PM