Pottery classes in Toronto, Canada

Old November 18th 04, 12:45 PM
f/256

Default Pottery classes in Toronto, Canada

Any suggestions?

BTW, I have investigated different colleges and only Ontario College of Art
has ceramic program (AFAIK), but classes in the program are available only
to students enrolled in a BA degree program.

Also, is it possible to find places where to fire pottery for a fee?

Thanks,

Guillermo

Old November 22nd 04, 10:36 PM
Fiona Jarvis

I belong to a co-op in Toronto in the Thorncliffe Park area that has 3 terms
of classes each lasting 10 weeks on either Thursday nights or Saturday
mornings. THe # to call is 416-423-1827. Leave your name and number with a
member and the education person will get back to you with details.
There are other places where you can pay by the hour (one on Mount Pleasant,
one on O'Connor) and some other co-ops. I have also in the past taken
classes at Harbourfront and also through the Board of Education night
classes. I have also had some luck calling Fusion (or their web site) or
the Ontario Crafts Council for that sort of information. I think the
Gardiner ceramics museum has classes as well but I have not tried the
classes.

Fiona Jarvis