Book - needlework books we own

Old September 5th 10, 12:41 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default Book - needlework books we own

Don't know if this is up-to-date or not, but, I'll go first!

Beinecke,Mary Ann Basic Needlery Stitches
Ambuter,Carolyn The Open Canvas
Barnden, Betty Encylopedia of Cross Stitch Techniques
Boerens,Patirce Two Hour Cross Stitch
Christensen,Jo. I Teach Yourself Needlepoint
de Dillmont,Therese The Complete Encyclopedia of Needlework
Evans,Meg Hand Stitched Boxes
Evershed, Meg 3-D Cross Stitch
Farrel.Pat Counted Cross Stitch Patchwork Design
Fassett.Kaffe Glorious Needlepoint
Ganderton,Lucinda Stitch Samper
Garner, A-Z of Embroidery Stitches
Gloria and Pat Pulled Thread Lesson
Good Housekeeping Complete Book of Needlecrafts
Gouverneur,Thea The Secret Garden in Cross Stitch
Greenoff, Jane Jane Greenoff Little Book of Wildflowers
Greenoff, Jane TheCross Stitcher's Bible Project Book
Haigh, Janet The Embroider's Floral
Hammet.Barbara Art Nouveau Cross Stitch
Hammet.Barbara Art of William Morris in Cross Stitch
hawkins, Sam 501 Cross Stitch Designs
Hawkins, Sam Cross Stitch Seasons
Hickmott, Mary Wild Flowers Collection
Holland-Davis, Heather Stitch Graffiti
Iles,Jane The Needlework Garden
Lindberg,Jana Hauschild Counted Cross-Stitch Designs for the Home
Logan,Judith Blackwork is Fun
Miller,Heather S. A Needleworker's Botany
Montana, JB Floral Stitches
Perrone, Lisbeth Folk Art in Needlepoint and Cross Stitch
Perrone, Lisbeth The New World of Crewel
Phillips, Helen Garden Notebook
Readers Digest Complete Guide to Needlework
Reurs,Catherine In Splendid Detail
Stevens,Helen M. Embroidered Birds
Stevens,Helen M. World of Embroidery
Thompson, Ginnie Linen Stitches
Vanessa Ann Collection In My Mother's Garden
Webb,Mary Embroidery Stitches
Whiteaker, Stafford English Garden Embroidery
Wilson, Erica Crewel Embroidery
Wilson, Erica Erica Wilson Embroidery Book
Wilson, Erica NeedlePlay
Winter.Adalee Wildflower Designs for Needlework
Anchor: Canvaswork Stitches and Patterns
Anchor: Counted Thread Stitches
Complete Illustrated Stitch Encylcopedia
Anchot: Pulled Thread

Old September 5th 10, 01:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 9/5/10 7:44 AM, in article ,
" wrote:

On Sun, 05 Sep 2010 07:41:53 -0400, Cheryl Isaak
wrote:

[...]

Readers Digest also do an excellent Knitting one too.

Yes they do. And the "all in one" book is a good reference to have also!

Old September 5th 10, 05:34 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Nancy

On Sep 5, 7:41*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
[...]

WOW!!!! I'm impressed!!!! I've got lots of books,
but not very many are needlework books.

I did find a Jo I. Christensen, The Needlepoint Book,
at Half Price Books last year for $4 just after we
did the SAL. DM has a few that got moved to the
basement when I moved back and took over two
rooms. I'll have to take a look and see what's down
there.

I've got a long way to catch up to you.

Nancy
Old September 5th 10, 09:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
MargW

Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Ambuter,Carolyn The Open Canvas

SNIP

Here's mine - although I know I have a few more that aren't on the list
( I need to get it updated). I just recently picked up one by Shay
Pendry. This may not format correctly as I copied it from Excel into
Word, removed the columns and then copied it from Word into the message.

Ambuter,Carolyn The Open Canvas
Baines, Patricia Flax and Linen
Baker, Muriel Stumpwork, The art of raised embroidery
Beck, Thomasina The Embroiderer's Garden
Better Homes & Gardens 2001 Cross stitch Designs
Bradbury, Frances English Crewel Designs 16th to 18th C
Bryan, Esther Quilt of Belonging
Caswell, Ho wren and Robertson The Thread Thesaurus
Clabburn, Pamela Samplers
Davis, Courtney Celtic Initials and Alphabets
Davis, Courtney Celtic Knotwork & Spirals
de Dillmont,Therese The Complete Encyclopedia of Needlework
Diehl, Liz Turner Stumpwork, History, Technique and Stitch Guide
Edmonds, Mary Jane Samplers & Samplermakers 1700-1850
Everliving, Tessa Window Workshop
Fastest,Gaffe Glorious Needlepoint
Costello, Mary A World of Embroidery
Hurst, Barbara & Roy New Designs in Raised Embroidery
Hopewell, Jeff Pillow Lace and Bobbins
Jackson, Kulaks Subversive Cross stitch - 33 designs for your surly side
Johnson, Eleanor Thimbles and Thimble Cases
Kelly, Marie 1000 Great Cross stitch Designs
Kremlin, Jacqueline F. Metallic Thread Embroidery
Kremlin A Stitchery's Guide to Silk Thread
Lane, Maggie Needlepoint by Design
Lane, Rose Wilder Woman's Day Book of American Needlework
Lochinvar, Schoenberg & Silver The Earthly Paradise - William Morris
Martin, Mary Mary Martin's Needlepoint
Miller,Pam Splendor Conversion Charts
Montana, J Floral Stitches
O's teen, Darlene The Proper Stitch
Pauli, Lynn Crewel Embroidery
Pendry, Shay
Polanski, Iva Cross Stitch Calligraphy
Ring, Betty Girlhood Embroidery
Rogers, Lindsay Tatting Collage
Rome, Carol Cheney A New Look at Bargepole
Ronaldson, Miss Useful & Ornamental Knitting & Netting Work
Russell, Beth Traditional Needlepoint
Scobey & McGrath Celebrity Needlepoint
Sirna,Gail In Praise of Needlework
Stack, Lotus The Decorative Thread Embroidery
Standiland, Ray Medieval Craftsmen, Embroiderers
Studebaker, Sue Ohio is My Dwelling Place (school girl samplers)
Swain, Margaret Embroidered Stuart Pictures
Thompson, Ginnie Audubon Birds in Cross Stitch
Vanessa Ann Collection 100 Cross stitch gifts from Nature
Verso, Jo Picture it in Cross Stitch
Webb,Mary Embroidery Stitches
Whiteaker, Stafford English Garden Embroidery
Wilson, Erica Say it with Stitches

Sampler and Antique Needlework Vol 11
The Needlearts
Needlepoint '78
Anchor: Canvaswork Stitches and Patterns
Celebration of Stitching

The last couple have no author listed. This has been a good reminder
for me to get busy and update my list.

MargW

Old September 6th 10, 06:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Ramona Walker

Now I feel like an official hoarder because I collect books, patterns
and supplies for all my crafts. In my craft room there is a 6 shelf
rack about 7 foot tall and 4 foot wide filled with craft books
involving crossstitch, quilting, knitting, crocheting and
scrapbooking. There is a 4 drawer office filing cabinet filled with
cross stitch pattern charts and a 2 drawer one filled with
crochet/knitting charts.

The hallway is lined with bookcases that hold my collection of
mysteries I haven't read - about 1000. Did I mention we went to a
book sale at the library today? Good thing I read quickly and
often!!

I use my books mainly for inspiration, seldom using a pattern or chart
exactly like it is printed. I especially love books that show
techniques, patterns or reference information as I use them to gather
ideas for my projects.

We have another 8 bookcases floor to ceiling in the living room and
dining room as well as more books in my husband's "den". Love, love,
love books!!! Moni
Old September 6th 10, 06:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

On Sep 5, 7:41*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Don't know if this is up-to-date or not, but, I'll go first!

* Beinecke,Mary Ann *Basic Needlery Stitches
*Ambuter,Carolyn *The Open Canvas
* Complete Illustrated Stitch Encylcopedia
* Anchot: Pulled Thread *

You've got to be kidding, right? I'm supposed to list my books? Can I
just count them and give you all a total?

Donna in Virginia
Old September 8th 10, 01:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Donna

You've got to be kidding, right? I'm supposed to list my books? Can I
just count them and give you all a total?

Donna in Virginia

That's only half the fun. After all, you must keep a list to keep from buy a
second copy of something! LOL

I never, ever buy a second copy of a book unintentionally. The books I
own are all here, in my head. LOL

I had good intentions this year of sitting down and logging all the
books, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Donna in Virginia
Old September 8th 10, 02:08 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lucille

"Donna" wrote in message

You've got to be kidding, right? I'm supposed to list my books? Can I
just count them and give you all a total?

Donna in Virginia

That's only half the fun. After all, you must keep a list to keep from
buy a
second copy of something! LOL

I never, ever buy a second copy of a book unintentionally. The books I
own are all here, in my head. LOL

I had good intentions this year of sitting down and logging all the
books, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Donna in Virginia

Logging the books. What a quaint idea. lol

Old September 12th 10, 09:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Lucille wrote:

"Donna" wrote in message

You've got to be kidding, right? I'm supposed to list my books? Can I
just count them and give you all a total?

Donna in Virginia

That's only half the fun. After all, you must keep a list to keep
from buy a
second copy of something! LOL

I never, ever buy a second copy of a book unintentionally. The books I
own are all here, in my head. LOL

I had good intentions this year of sitting down and logging all the
books, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Donna in Virginia

Logging the books. What a quaint idea. lol

Before we left for cool places north, I volunteered at my LNS...and
listed all the books she had from an estate sale. The old lady is in a
memory place, so Carolyn has her stash...and we had to list everything
for the Guardian and Judge. Some of the names you folk had listed are
now very familiar to me! Maybe I should put an offer in on some, and add
to my collection.

Gillian
Old September 12th 10, 09:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Lucille wrote:

"Donna" wrote in message

You've got to be kidding, right? I'm supposed to list my books? Can I
just count them and give you all a total?

Donna in Virginia

That's only half the fun. After all, you must keep a list to keep
from buy a
second copy of something! LOL

I never, ever buy a second copy of a book unintentionally. The books I
own are all here, in my head. LOL

I had good intentions this year of sitting down and logging all the
books, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

Donna in Virginia

Logging the books. What a quaint idea. lol

Now I am back home, I think I will do that with the bookshelf books. I
tend to find quite a few in yard sales and estate sales.