a *sweater/gansey* 'thread"

Old March 17th 07, 05:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Default a *sweater/gansey* 'thread"

whatchoo working on?
LOL,
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com

Old March 17th 07, 05:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

YarnWright spun a FINE 'yarn': (as USUAL, LOL!)

whatchoo working on?
LOL,
Noreen

end quoted

I'm DEBATING on a sweater (for ME, dammit!), but now that it is spring
and has been 78 degrees for a week, methinks I'll wait....
MAYBE a tank-top instead???
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000724-1, 03/16/2007
Tested: 3/17/2007 12:47:57 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old March 17th 07, 10:55 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Christine in Kent, Garden of England

Another bamboo cable rib chunky sweater for DS, pattern from Vogue Knitting.
He liked the one I made for his birthday so much that he asked for another
in a different colour. Plus a small cable V-necked jumper for a little
friend
Love & higs
Christine

"YarnWright" wrote in message
whatchoo working on?
LOL,
Noreen

Old March 18th 07, 12:26 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Another bamboo cable rib chunky sweater for DS, pattern from Vogue
Knitting. He liked the one I made for his birthday so much that he
asked for another in a different colour. Plus a small cable V-necked
jumper for a little friend Love & higs Christine

"YarnWright" wrote in message
whatchoo working on?
LOL,
Noreen

-- http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000724-1, 03/16/2007
Tested: 3/17/2007 12:45:34 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Things were too quiet for you, Noreen.

So you just had to liven them up, lol. I'm working on a sweater for me.
Pastel greeny turquoise colour, stocking stitch body and patterned yoke
and sleeves. The pattern comprises panels of moss stitch (seed st.)
cable and lace. Yarn is double knit (worsted weight). Have just started
the second sleeve.

Old March 18th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Bernadette spun a FINE 'yarn':

[...]

Yep, I want this NG to come back to it's GLORY days, prior to the
forming of the sister yahell group so many from here dissappeared to....

Hugs,
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000724-1, 03/16/2007
Tested: 3/17/2007 11:24:32 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old March 18th 07, 09:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"YarnWright" wrote in message
whatchoo working on?
LOL,
Noreen

I've started an Aran for a grandson but haven't got further than the welt
without frogging.

The problem is that I haven't a suitably complicated pattern for that size
(24" chest). He lives on a cold, wet, Welsh mountain farm so needs warm
clothing at all times of year. He loves his hats, I keep making them but
want something which will take more than an evening!

My greatest pleasure in knitting anything is for it to be complicated so I
don't want a pattern with just one cable feature.

sigh Where did I put that squared paper ...

Mary

Old March 18th 07, 03:09 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

YarnWright wrote:

Bernadette spun a FINE 'yarn':

[...]

Ah! I hadn't realised that.

I must admit I've read other groups but never felt moved to reply to
anything on them.

This one is much more fun, the friendliest I've come across and has
such a wealth of experience there is always an answer to whatever
outlandish problem one is experiencing. It is good to have "life" chats
as well as "craft" ones.

Bernadette

Old March 18th 07, 03:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Bernadette spun a FINE 'yarn':

I must admit I've read other groups but never felt moved to reply to
anything on them.

This one is much more fun, the friendliest I've come across and has
such a wealth of experience there is always an answer to whatever
outlandish problem one is experiencing. It is good to have "life"
chats as well as "craft" ones.

Bernadette

end quoted

This NG is the best on the entire 'net, and yes, our OT chats are just
wonderful!
I've made so many TRUE friends via this group, some whom I'll never
physically meet, but treasure just the same!
Hugs,
Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000724-1, 03/16/2007
Tested: 3/18/2007 10:14:11 AM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old March 18th 07, 06:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
DAB

Bernadette wrote:
YarnWright wrote:

Bernadette spun a FINE 'yarn':

[...]

Oh geesh I hate message board groups...they are too slow, have too many
cutesy avatar thingies which slow down the download of messages [I still
have a dial-up] and require you to log in and remember a password, anyway
Usenet groups such as this are the best IMO...they are fast, just text and
links can be used to point to graphics if one chooses. Blogs are
different....I like them and maintain one myself. But for everyday
enjoyment and learning and meeting new interesting people of like minds this
is a great group meG

Donna

Old March 18th 07, 07:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

DAB spun a FINE 'yarn':

Oh geesh I hate message board groups...they are too slow, have too
many cutesy avatar thingies which slow down the download of messages
[I still have a dial-up] and require you to log in and remember a
password, anyway Usenet groups such as this are the best IMO...they
are fast, just text and links can be used to point to graphics if one
chooses. Blogs are different....I like them and maintain one myself.
But for everyday enjoyment and learning and meeting new interesting
people of like minds this is a great group meG

Donna

end quoted

I'm a dinosaur still on dial-up TOO, Donna!

Noreen

--
http://www.lulu.com/yarnwright
http://yarnwright.etsy.com
http://yarnwright.com
http://noreensknitche.com
http://noreensknitche.weblogs.us
http://optional-knitting.com
http://yarnscapes.com
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 000724-1, 03/16/2007
Tested: 3/18/2007 2:17:45 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

a *moebious* "thread" YarnWright Yarn 12 March 21st 07 12:01 PM
a *afghan-blanket-lapghan* "thread" YarnWright Yarn 14 March 20th 07 03:49 AM
Pattern for the "cute boxy sweater" WoolyGooly Yarn 14 December 17th 06 09:18 PM
The "one at a time or several" thread YarnWright Yarn 25 April 28th 06 06:56 AM
Crochet thread sweater Amy Yarn 3 March 26th 05 08:59 PM