Munchkin Chest of drawers

Old July 8th 08, 11:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Default Munchkin Chest of drawers

Here is a link to the new Munchkin chest of drawers, in place in the
sewing room and ready to go to work. Solid Cherry construction 12"
wide x 18" deep x 26-1/2 tall and assembled with traditional joinery.
The first of two such cabinets to complete the storage requirements of
my sewing room.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635nqMWbW

Enjoy,

John
Old July 9th 08, 01:20 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Beautiful work... but that's all the storage you need in your sewing room?
You are either 1) extremely well organized; 2) very well-disciplined when
shopping or 3) a relatively new quilter who only needs a little time before
your storage needs multiply (geometrically!!!)

But seriously -- those are gorgeous!

--
Kate in MI

Old July 9th 08, 07:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

Oh boy that's lovely.
I didn't notice before that the drawers were different depths; makes it
beautiful and *very* useful.
..
In message
,
John writes
Here is a link to the new Munchkin chest of drawers, in place in the
sewing room and ready to go to work. Solid Cherry construction 12"
wide x 18" deep x 26-1/2 tall and assembled with traditional joinery.
The first of two such cabinets to complete the storage requirements of
my sewing room.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635nqMWbW

Enjoy,

John

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old July 9th 08, 12:12 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

Kate in MIhttp://community.webshots.com/user/K_Groves

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *"John" wrote in message

Here is a link to the new Munchkin chest of drawers, in place in the
sewing room and ready to go to work. Solid Cherry construction 12"
wide x 18" deep x 26-1/2 tall and assembled with traditional joinery.
The first of two such cabinets to complete the storage requirements of
my sewing room.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635nqMWbW

Enjoy,

John

I tend to be rather seriously organized. I don't buy lots of fabric
and stash it. I buy what I need when I need it, and put away what is
left over. Then I use that up as it accumulates enough to make
something. I hate having a lot of money tied up in "someday" fabric.
Just in time purchasing is the modern approach to manufacturing, and I
am just applying those principles to quilting.

John
Old July 9th 08, 06:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

Way to go, John; lovely piece of work.

Y'all can see John w/ his buddies from the Munchkin Guild
here (you'll know him by the hair-do):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_CAs3q7G48

R/Sandy

On 7/8/08 5:52 PM, in article
, "John"

Old July 9th 08, 08:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On Jul 9, 2:56*am, Patti wrote:
Oh boy that's lovely.
I didn't notice before that the drawers were different depths; makes it
beautiful and *very* useful.
.
In message
,
John writes

Here is a link to the new Munchkin chest of drawers, in place in the
sewing room and ready to go to work. Solid Cherry construction 12"
wide x 18" deep x 26-1/2 tall and assembled with traditional joinery.
The first of two such cabinets to complete the storage requirements of
my sewing room.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo...00692635nqMWbW

Enjoy,

John

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

I might have known you would notice that, what with your mathematical
Quilts. That is one of the first things you learn when you are
designing furniture. Starting with the larger depth drawers at the
bottom and systematically reducing the depth of each drawer by a
constant amount gives visual lift to the overall perspective. The
Golden Mean rules correct proportion still in this day of free form
design. At least for me it does.

John

Chest Beckets [email protected] Knots 0 January 16th 07 12:30 PM
Gooks, both irrigating now, Geoff and Priscilla combed the new drawers throughout active wrinkle, Hippy Cocksucker. Rob Kelk Knots 0 May 4th 06 10:42 AM
OT Di's Chocolate Drawers Diana Curtis Quilting 16 May 22nd 04 03:03 AM
OT-yahoo---my saga, just getting it off my chest nzl* Quilting 4 January 28th 04 08:00 PM
poly treasure chest Shirley Shone Beads 2 August 9th 03 03:02 PM