Columbus Ohio quilt show

Old May 29th 07, 10:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
MaleQuilter

Default Columbus Ohio quilt show

My wife and I are going to the NQA quilt show in Columbus, Ohio next
week. We will go from North Alabama through Nashville, TN and
Louisville KY to Columbus.

We avoid the interstate when we can get a better view of the country
side. Anyone have suggestions about things we should see and do
(especially quilt related).

We are looking forward to the trip even though gasoline prices may be
well over $3.00 a gallon.

Jerry in North Alabama
http://community.webshots.com/user/MaleQuilter

Old May 29th 07, 11:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
[email protected]

On 29 May 2007 14:06:20 -0700, MaleQuilter
wrote:

My wife and I are going to the NQA quilt show in Columbus, Ohio next
week. We will go from North Alabama through Nashville, TN and
Louisville KY to Columbus.

We avoid the interstate when we can get a better view of the country
side. Anyone have suggestions about things we should see and do
(especially quilt related).

We are looking forward to the trip even though gasoline prices may be
well over $3.00 a gallon.

Wow, Jerry, thanks for the heads-up! I'm actually planning make the
10-11 hour trip to Columbus that weekend to visit someone, so now I
know what else I will do when I'm there.

Can't offer any quilt-related tourist info, sorry. I lived in
Columbus in the 1990s but wasn't a quilter when I was there.

Louise in eastern Ontario
Old May 30th 07, 12:57 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
marsha

On May 29, 5:06 pm, MaleQuilter wrote:
My wife and I are going to the NQA quilt show in Columbus, Ohio next
week. We will go from North Alabama through Nashville, TN and
Louisville KY to Columbus.

We avoid the interstate when we can get a better view of the country
side. Anyone have suggestions about things we should see and do
(especially quilt related).

We are looking forward to the trip even though gasoline prices may be
well over $3.00 a gallon.

Jerry in North Alabamahttp://community.webshots.com/user/MaleQuilter

Hi Jerry,

I hate to be the one to bring the news but............gas here in Ohio
is $3.38 gal. It was up to $3.47 but is inching down ever so
slightly. It sure would be nice for it to be under $3.00 gal again.

Marsha nw,Ohio

Old May 30th 07, 01:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Jerry, There are several quilt shops in the area. We have a great zoo, if
that's something you like. The Conservatory has a huge butterfly exhibit
going on. I'll be at the quilt show Thur. for sure. I have tickets for the
evening dinner.
Ami Sims is the speaker, she's hilarious, so I want to go listen to her.
I'll probably be there some on Friday, but not sure how much. I have
tickets to the noon luncheon on Sat. No classes this year (unless I change
my mind). A lot depends on how well my foot works being on it all day.
I'd love a meet up. Do you have a cell phone? Email me privately with the
number, so we can get in touch. Of course, if you want to save money, our
guest room is available. you're welcome to stay with us.
Who else is coming for the show?
Gen

ups.com...

Old May 30th 07, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kate G.[_2_]

Don't come up here then..... $3.59 here!

--
Kate in MI

ups.com...

Old May 30th 07, 03:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Marcella Peek

Quilt National is going on at the same time...

http://www.quiltnational.com/qn07when.htm

marcella

Old May 30th 07, 12:24 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Kiteflyer

I have to be in Massillon next week. I think I can make my appointment
for thursday so will be at the show.

Denny in Fort Wayne
http://community.webshots.com/user/kiteflyer54

/\
/ \
/ \
\ /
\ /
\/
\
\
/
\
\
/
\

Old May 30th 07, 03:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On May 29, 7:57 pm, marsha wrote:
On May 29, 5:06 pm, MaleQuilter wrote:

My wife and I are going to the NQA quilt show in Columbus, Ohio next
week. We will go from North Alabama through Nashville, TN and
Louisville KY to Columbus.

We avoid the interstate when we can get a better view of the country
side. Anyone have suggestions about things we should see and do
(especially quilt related).

We are looking forward to the trip even though gasoline prices may be
well over $3.00 a gallon.

Jerry in North Alabamahttp://community.webshots.com/user/MaleQuilter

Hi Jerry,

I hate to be the one to bring the news but............gas here in Ohio
is $3.38 gal. It was up to $3.47 but is inching down ever so
slightly. It sure would be nice for it to be under $3.00 gal again.

Marsha nw,Ohio

In addition to all the mentioned ideas you might concider going up to
the Amish Country of Holmes county and trolling through the Quilt
shops in the Berlin area. It is about an hour and a half north west of
Columbus. I don't know if you want to drive that fgar but it is worth
it if you can find the time. I should be at the NQA show on Saturday.

John

Old May 30th 07, 03:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
John

On May 30, 10:26 am, John wrote:
On May 29, 7:57 pm, marsha wrote:

[...]

John- Hide quoted text -

That should read North East of Columbus. sorry for the sloppy fingers.

John

Old May 30th 07, 04:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Sandy Ellison Sandy Ellison is offline
Banned

Howdy!

As backroads travelers we'd take the side trip to Paducah,
go to several shops, the AQS Museum, Kirchoff'd Bakery,
then back on the road to Louisville on to Columbus.

Safe travels, Jerry & your wife!

R/Sandy

On May 29, 5:06 pm, MaleQuilter wrote:
My wife and I are going to the NQA quilt show in Columbus, Ohio next
week. We will go from North Alabama through Nashville, TN and
Louisville KY to Columbus.

We avoid the interstate when we can get a better view of the country
side. Anyone have suggestions about things we should see and do
(especially quilt related).

We are looking forward to the trip even though gasoline prices may be
well over $3.00 a gallon.

Jerry in North Alabamahttp://community.webshots.com/user/MaleQuilter

FAbric Shops in Columbus Ohio Kiteflyer Quilting 6 October 20th 06 09:40 PM
OHIO quilt show cozy Quilting 0 March 6th 04 03:13 AM
AD: Lampwork Classes in Columbus, OHIO HannahRach Beads 0 July 23rd 03 05:04 PM
AD: Pate De Verre Class In Columbus, OHIO HannahRach Glass 0 July 19th 03 03:23 AM
AD: Pate De Verre Class in Columbus OHIO HannahRach Beads 0 July 19th 03 03:21 AM