It's snowing! I'm quilting

Old November 26th 06, 07:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
shhdesigns

Default It's snowing! I'm quilting

Hi

It's snowing here in New Westminster, we don't usually get snow this early
in the season, it might show up around Christmas. More likely it doesn't
snow until January or February.

It's got me in the mood do catch up on some appliqué blocks I'm doing for a
Mary Lou Weidman angel group exchange. I'm a bit behind, my hands have been
acting up on me and making it difficult to stitch.

Cozy and warm inside, watching the big flakes come down. We could have up
to 30 cm [12 inches] tonight. That will make going to work tomorrow
interesting.

Cheers,

--
Sandi in New Westminster B.C.
Queen of the Travelogues

Old November 26th 06, 09:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carissa

Hey we are neighbors almost. Its lots of snow here too in Aldergrove BC

Carissa

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/Elywyn
Butterflies are not insects, they are

Old November 27th 06, 12:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
shhdesigns

Still snowing, staying in and watching t.v. and appliquéing. Don't look
forward to tackling the hills to go to work tomorrow.
Sandi

Old November 27th 06, 12:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti S

Hi Sandi
It's snowing in Seattle too! This is a rare occurrence for us, and the
City of Seattle pretty much shuts down when it snows - we're simply not
equipped to handle it, besides the fact that most of us are a bunch of
wimps when it comes to driving in it. I woke up to the white stuff this
morning, then it turned to rain later on and melted it all, and now it's
snowing again. I'm on "red alert" for what it will do for our commute
tomorrow - ick!

I sewed new "Christmas" dog collars for my boys today, and a birthday
present for my brother, so it was a productive day for me too.

Patti in Seattle

Old November 27th 06, 02:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
shhdesigns

Hi Patti,

We're about the same up here, but no rain, it's stayed cold all day and the
snow hasn't let up. They say it may get down to -9C overnight.

Could be fun getting to work, wish me well, being a nurse we have to get in
for our patients.

Sandi

Old November 27th 06, 04:11 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Quilter

it snowed here too, sofi had a blast making snowmen in the backyard....
we lit a fire and quilted and watched TV - lovely end to the holiday,
but I was feeling sorry for all the people driving back home in the
storm! streets look fine this morning...

drquilter
Old November 27th 06, 04:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Quilter

you should see the idiots driving at full speed - though I5 was moving
at 5 to 15 mph! we went to have pankakes for breakfast and someone in a
truck with 4WD passed us and sprayed all our windshield with slush!

Old November 28th 06, 04:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Dr. Quilter

not so much fun yesterday! dh refused to leave early (didn't believe the
rumors that it was going to start snowing again around commute time).
He was right, it did not snow, it hailed and the streets became
instantly covered in a sheet of ice! It took us 4 hours to get home
instead of 1 h, and it wasn't pleasant, we saw tons of stalls, crashes,
ugly!