Am I Crazy?

Old March 10th 06, 03:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default Am I Crazy?

Hi all!

Have finished a cape cod afghan ( well except for tying the tripple knot
fringe - have to clear the kitchen table for that).

Here's what prompted my question. Started and working on 1) a runner in the
jubilee pattern, 2) my first filet crochet - the good shephard pattern, 3)
another cape cod afghan - light pink this time and 4) converting a graph to
written pattern for a 70 x 90 filet tablecloth.

I repeat my question - am I crazy?

--
Mike O'Brien

Any day you can sit up and take nourishment
is a good day, anything beyond that is a bonus.

Old March 10th 06, 04:07 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Fri, 10 Mar 2006 10:53:56 -0400, "Mike & Joan O'Brien"
spewed forth :
4) converting a graph to
written pattern for a 70 x 90 filet tablecloth.

Why? The last time I tried filet crochet I found the chart MUCH
easier to work from.

I repeat my question - am I crazy?

No, you're just like the rest of us - too many projects, too little
time.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old March 10th 06, 05:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi!
I live in a little town called Haapajärvi aka Aspenlake in English. This
little town is near Oulu.

And I do not think you are crazy. Just let that hook of yours fly.
Best: Pirjo

Old March 10th 06, 07:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi from me, too!

I agree with Wooly's question of ... why go to such trouble to convert
the graph pattern to written for the filet crochet? I, too, have done
a lot of filet crochet (my favorite!!) and always found the chart MUCH
easier to follow than any written instruction. You can also very
easily change the pattern on the chart to your own personal liking, add
to it (like your name and date or an inscription or whatever), and I've
never lost my place with a chart.

All the best with your projects! Post pics if you can ... we all love
seeing everybody's stuff. )
Eve

Old March 10th 06, 07:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

PS .... OH! Nearly forgot! NOOOOOOOO, you're not crazy ..... not
unless all of us here are 'cause you sound just like the rest of
us!!!!! LOL
Eve )

Old March 10th 06, 09:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi Mike,

No, you aren't crazy as the others said, you are joining the club with
the rest of us.

Hugs,

Nora

Old March 10th 06, 10:39 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mike & Joan O'Brien wrote:
Hi all!

Have finished a cape cod afghan ( well except for tying the tripple
knot fringe - have to clear the kitchen table for that).

Here's what prompted my question. Started and working on 1) a runner
in the jubilee pattern, 2) my first filet crochet - the good shephard
pattern, 3) another cape cod afghan - light pink this time and 4)
converting a graph to written pattern for a 70 x 90 filet tablecloth.

I repeat my question - am I crazy?

LOL Probably, but in a good way. g

Higs,
Katherine

Old March 11th 06, 06:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Crazy ???? What is that ? you are a normal person who see that is more
to life than what you did before !!!!! Welcome into the Wonder club
with the pesrons who have Magic Wands [aka needles, hooks] and make
THINGS ...... mirjam

Old March 11th 06, 08:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Hi

I agree with everyone else no you are not crazy you are just like the
rest of us. Lots of projects on the go.

Right now I have lost count on the projects currently on the go around
me.

Darlene in Toronto

Old March 12th 06, 12:39 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
Welcome into the Wonder club
with the pesrons who have Magic Wands [aka needles, hooks] and make
THINGS ...... mirjam

Magic wands, I LOVE it! So nicely stated, Mirjam.

Diane

backstage textiles BDS2pds Needlework 61 May 3rd 04 10:50 PM
Crazy Patchwork Lisa Caryl Quilting 1 January 29th 04 05:02 PM
Crazy quilt shop to open in Plymouth MI! HALLIE VE Marketplace 0 August 14th 03 04:41 PM