Need help from quilters.. Heart Quilt Blocks in trade for donation please read!

Old August 12th 03, 05:49 AM
Shelly

There is another quilting newsgroup? I thought this was the only one! Do,
either post it here, or email it to me privately if you don't mind. I love
all the different quilting sites that everyone posts.
Thanks,
Shelly
"Patti" wrote in message
You will hardly believe this: but at this precise moment EXACTLY the
same thing is happening on the other quilt list I subscribe to.

In article , Marcella
Tracy Peek writes
In article , Tina wrote:

NAME: rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
REPLACES: rec.crafts.quilting
CHARTER: [unchanged] This newsgroup is for discussing anything

related

to quilting. That includes piecing, applique, and tyeing and

quilting

by hand or machine. Discussions may cover techniques,
supplies,equipment, drafting of patterns, templates, dyeing

materials,
artistic approaches, exhibitions, shows, books and other
references, mail order resources, dating quilts and
appraising
quilts.
Discussions may include quilts and quilting both past
(historical quilting) and present, ethnic quilting, quilts to be

used
in
a home, quilted clothing to be worn, as well as quilts created
for display and any other piecing or quilting

applications

So I guess all of the off topic (such as diet talks and the like ) are
also forbidden by the charter ?vbg just wondering and playing

alittle
devils advocate ( hoping to help put things in perspective
too).............

SMILE :-) Actually this very discussion once caused a very, very, very
big flame war causing a number of members to leave the group. Some
because they wanted to talk about everything but quilting Even More than
what goes on and some because they didn't want anything off topic At
All. Many mean and nasty things were said.

Thank heavens nothing of that scale has since happened.

marcella
survivor who knows how to skip posts and delete :-)

Having owned 4 different sewing email lists in the past , I have

learned
to privately email people when they "commit an offense" and them cut
them some slack if it is their first time as the good lord knows we are
all human and make mistakes....it should be the repeat offenders that
are jumped on like bandits in the night.
So she committed a faux pau, now she knows better....life moves on and
so should we .....

just my personal 2 cents worth....

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

---

Old August 12th 03, 03:53 PM
Joy Quilts

(Cheyne) wrote in message . com...
Okay let me try to rephrase this for you... so you understand what I
am saying.. when you sign up for any group.. via internet... You have
to click a button that says terms of agreement.. that means the rules
that comply with the web hosting company.. Your provider here would be
Google. Googles rules state that you MUST not spam MAIL everyone which
I did not do. I posted a post... where you can open it at your own
free will correct? No one forces you to click the mouse to read. As
far as soliciting, if I was soliciting, I would have come on here and
had speech prepared about the great new vacuum cleaner I could sell
you. I was offering a trade. One of your members.. who YES posts quite
frequently, but has yet to post any comments to this post log at all,
linked me to your site. I watch her sitting back being quite and I
dont even know the lady only her name. Yet you all respond frequently
to hers.. Who could it be? Maybe your terms and guidelines should be
more clear or you should have a mail sent out to new members about
what they can and cant do. I read nothing or saw nothing OTHER than
googles terms.

I wasnt asking for money.. I was stating, if anyone would like a quilt
block... maybe to help complete a quilt.. or for new flavor.. or
anything... OR if you could offer a kind word, gesture.. anything a
prayer.. that would be appreciated... but those words were over-looked
and I was shot down into the water.

I have gotten many great emails up until I got a nice letter from
CNYstitcher saying that I was an ignorant snotty little bitch last
night. Of course when words are thrown at me I will throw them back. I
didnt deserve them. Maybe I wasnt supposed to post here in the first
place.. or maybe I shouldnt have come here... but there could have
been better ways to approach the situation.... Like maybe Hi cheyne...
thanks for finding our site, although we would like for you to
continue posting here, we really cant offering anything to you, and we
ask that your posts not be asking for donations..
Was that hard.... did I get that?? or any decency? No... I was offered
the first post back... You would be trying to fool us now Cheyne would
you?? Or... sounds like a bunch of bULLOney to me... How can anyone
every feel welcomed in your group if thats how you treat them? With
disrespect... and then I offer some words to try and explain myself...
I dont know what else to do to proove myself... medical bills what???
No one still says you cant post this here... they tell me I am a liar,
trying to cheat someone... that I am ignorant.. that I am no child...
that I should give up school... get a second job... live at home...
dont make anything of myself... have you read this from beginning to
END???

IT ISNT until last night that someone finally said... hey... you know
what.... you shouldnt have posted this here... maybe trying to be
friendly... I give you credit for that.. Nice way to try and rectify
the situation but by then, blows had already been thrown... people
were already upset and my heart was still broken. You havent tried to
make me feel welcome... If anything I feel worse leaving this site
then when I got here. I ahve recieved a few wonderful emails that I
hold dear to me... But no one tried to step back for just ONE second
and see me... desperate looking for anything to help... I didnt shoot
your ideas down... I have kept a log book of everything.. but do
understand.. if a person is this desperate and offering to sell
everything they own just to see someones life better...they have
already probably tried to common answers like exercising. I am at a
loss for words.. I have been made to feel like the bad guy and I am
not... I just wanted to help my mom. I dont have much to hold onto and
I reahed for a group who I thought would help me... and let me cry on
their shoulder ... but I couldnt get that so I sit in my apartment
alone and devastated.. with no one..

I want to apologize to those people who had great things to say to me
via email.. and I want to apologize to those people who had to read my
post and were offended.. I will even apologize to those people who had
to read my last few angry letters... but I WILL not apologize to those
people who disrespected me, cut me down... or did anything but MAKE me
feel unwelcomed.. I dont appreciate getting emails from people who
dont have anything positive to say... and I especially like someone
coming back here and stating that I emailed her telling that her that
I held her blame for everything started here.. I wrote her back and
tried to remain calm.. but wrote the nasty things people had said to
me.. and asked her if that is how she would want to be treated.. She
totally changed the situation and believes calling me ignarant will
make her a better person... I'm glad you believe I had been very
gently treated here.. but that is far from the truth.. Peoples ugly
sides shown my direction and if you are threatening me as to removing
my name, whats the worst that could be done to me??? This group
already threw stones... you want to hurt me more??? gently is a term I
wouldnt use, I havent been fed any silver spoons, and after this
experience I dont know why anyone would want to be here and chance
themselves to this kind of experience where they fear someone will
talk bad about them in front of everyone else......

Thanks for the welcome.. Thanks for making me feel "good" about
myself... thanks for the help with my mother, the few who actually did
send a donation and offered prayers... God bless you.. Thank you so
much... :*(

Hi Cheyne,
Thanks for sharing about yourself - I liked your little autobiography
on the other thread better! Anyhow, here is a site you should visit
when you have free time:
http://scican2.scican.net/haxton/RCTQ/FAQ/index.htm So you can see
some of the rules of this NG

Aloha,
A Joy in Hawaii
Old August 12th 03, 06:24 PM
Lynne in Toronto

Let me assure you that snits, flames and stomping off in hissy fits are
not exclusive to RCTQ, and that these very same things still happen in
smaller groups, all the time. The problem is more to do with the nature
of the net, I think, and the fact that words on a screen don't have any
expression, and can sound stronger than they were meant to, or, that it
is just easier to dash off a quick note without thinking it through the
way you would if you were talking face to face.

And of course, it's possible that some people just don't have any social
graces, and they are on the net in the first place because they don't
fit in anywhere else!

Of course, no one HERE fits that description.... do they???

Cheers,

Lynne in Toronto

Old August 12th 03, 07:24 PM
SandySmth

Shelly,
This *is* the only quilting newsgroup. There are other quilting groups on the
Internet, but they are not newsgroups. When you read about someone belonging a
"list" that is an email list, not a newsgroup.

Sandy
in Chapel Hill, NC

Old August 12th 03, 08:05 PM
Cheyne

I can definetly work and go to school.. no problem.. it gets to be a
bit much.. its hard working and going to school both full time.. but I
was told by someone to quit school so I could give the money from that
to my mom... that person not realizing that regardless if I am there
or not I still owe 40 grand...
Old August 12th 03, 08:07 PM
NightMist

On Mon, 11 Aug 2003 18:50:39 +0100, Kate Dicey
wrote:

NightMist wrote:

As happily married women, I do wonder what we are expected to do with
these folk when they arrive!

Just send em on to me!

I'll turn the Russian brides into lesbian slaves and then I know just
where to sell them off at. Get a good price too!

And here I had been wondering how to scratch up a little extra cash
for fabric and sewing oddments.

Do I get a commission?

Well, if you send me a Russian bride, then I s'pose it would be only
fair to skip you a little something.
You'd definitely get a bigger commission on the lesbian slave though.
No training involved.

NightMist
--

I'm a little teapot, short and stout
here is my handle, here is my...other...handle?
Old August 12th 03, 08:14 PM
julia sidebottom

Actually there is at least one other ng listed in my list of ng's. It
has little activity there but I still subscribe to it or at least check
it out from time to time so see if there is anything of interest there.
What one receives as available ng's is dependent on the service provider
of your ng's. As you say listservs are totally different. They e-mail
groups.
juliasb

SandySmth wrote:
Shelly,
This *is* the only quilting newsgroup. There are other quilting groups on the
Internet, but they are not newsgroups. When you read about someone belonging a
"list" that is an email list, not a newsgroup.

Sandy
in Chapel Hill, NC

"Shelly" glassangel at charter dot net wrote:

There is another quilting newsgroup? I thought this was the only one!

--

Remove (nospam) from address.

now...
come and journey with me from darkness....
.... into New Life http://www.nwlife.com

Old August 12th 03, 08:31 PM
julia sidebottom

Hello again Cheyne,
Dropping out of a college or university can be a terrible waste of
money especially mid way through a class. Wasted $$$$ after just a few
weeks. Not the way I would like to use money. And as you know, I am
sure, that if you received grants or scholarships you lose them if
attendance or class schedule are not maintained. Education is one of
the only things someone cannot take away from you. That knowledge
belongs to each of us and no one else!
Things do have a way of working themselves out for the better. Mom's
condition my worsen over time because of a variety of variables. just
having your support (if even from a distance) will be so important. We
often speak of 'love quilts' you may even want to make a special 'love
quilt' just for your mom. No matter the workmanship I have little doubt
that she will cherish it coming from you.
I know you have spoken of bariatric surgery for her. Has she already
been evaluated to see if she is a candidate for this kind of surgery? I
personally was turned down.
Encourage her to continue her quilting, she may not be able to
exercise her body well but she can exercise her mind with quilting.
From what you tell us she is quite the excellent quilter. Who better
to have as a teacher... and she has taught you so much already.
I for one do understand you in these most difficult times and the
concerns you have about your mother. But it has been my experience that
regardless of how much we try to and do do for another person (mom here)
there are something's we just can't do anything about and things do work
out for the best, or work out the way they are suppose to without much
intervention, some grief, but they do work out.
With being so overwhelmed with all this you may want to take a step or
two back to take a more objective look at things and be able to
determine better just what it is that you can do for her.
Try not to be to hard on yourself.
juliasb

Old August 12th 03, 10:26 PM
Patti

Yes, sorry Sandy. That was just my lazy use of terminology - I meant
nothing 'bad' by it at all. Just a slip.
..
In article , SandySmth
writes