Babies! Lots of Babies!

Old July 29th 09, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Default Babies! Lots of Babies!

Well, only two.

So I turned to my old standby Mary Lamb Baby Book Vol. 30 (twenty cents!)
pattern 3006. I've done this pattern before a few times so I felt quite
confident with it and it's going well. I'm about two/thirds of the way
through the blanket in variegated wool: white, pale blue and pale green.

I've got my next project lined up as well: 3013. It looks the easiest of
two I thought would be quick knits. That one is in yellow because the
nursery is yellow. I'm hoping to adapt 3027 to this pattern--should be
simple, but these days I can never tell what's going to work for me and what
isn't--as it's more of tuque style.

Someday I'd like to be able to say I've knitted all the patterns in this
book. It's one of my favorites. I think it was one of my grandmother's.

That might be a goal for next year! I used to make baby blankets regularly
and so had some in stock whenever a new little person arrived, but I haven't
done that in years. Knitting sure is different for me these days.

I love reading about all the beautiful things you all are making. I don't
post a lot, but I lurk and always head straight for the new or finished
project threads.

Murielle

Old July 30th 09, 05:06 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Linda Lee

Default Babies! Lots of Babies!Murielle

I'm a lurker here to. I can't do half the things the regulars post and
talk about but I enjoy checking this group out nonetheless.

Old July 30th 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Hallo Murielle

Mazal Tov ! with the Babies , with making items for babies ,,,
I love making presents anyway and baby things are always so joyful ..
Since it is summer here i rather knit with cotton , and embroider/
weave more .
i made some Potholders , which were meant as presents and were well
accepted by the intended lady.
Am planning some new works as well ..
mirjam
Old July 30th 09, 05:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

On Jul 30, 7:06*am, (Linda Lee) wrote:
I'm a lurker here to. *I can't do half the things the regulars post and
talk about but I enjoy checking this group out nonetheless.

Hallo Linda Lee , Never mind what you make or don`t , we also need
people who would enjoy the things we make !!!!
As i tell people when i can`t get to the opening of their
exhibition ,,, you also need
people to come and look After the Opening !!!

Sp please don`t hesitate to sahre with us the `half`` you feel you can
do. About the alf you feel you can`t do ??? are you sure ? there are
lots of good helpers here !!!!
mirjam
Old July 31st 09, 03:10 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

Welcome out of Lurksville!

I always feel so inspired by what others are doing. It spurs me on to try a
little harder, work on a project a little harder.

Murielle

Old July 31st 09, 03:16 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"mirjam" wrote in message

Hallo Murielle

Mazal Tov ! with the Babies , with making items for babies ,,,
I love making presents anyway and baby things are always so joyful ..
Since it is summer here i rather knit with cotton , and embroider/
weave more .
i made some Potholders , which were meant as presents and were well
accepted by the intended lady.
Am planning some new works as well ..
mirjam

Thank you, Mirjam! Babies are such blessings--always a joyful event.

I think I need to start keeping a craft-journal so I can keep track of what
actually gets finished. It might keep me working on things, just to be able
to see it completed in the journal. I know the group was talking about this
last year some time and I thought it was such a great idea.

Pot-holders! What a great idea! I've got a pattern for crochet one's
somewhere. I know I saw it when I was going through my books and files to
find the patterns for the baby blankets.

I thought this year for the holidays I'd make little crochet angels or
snowflakes: seasonal and simple; and I can work on them in waiting rooms,
etc.

Murielle

Old July 31st 09, 03:22 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
The Other Kim

Murielle wrote:

Oops! This was supposed to be on the "anyone working on a project?"
thread.

Heh, wouldn't be the first time someone posted to the wrong thread g

Good on the baby blankets. I just finished a Baby Surprise jacket for
Liz's (Liz from ABSK) soon-to-arrive granddaughter. I'm also working on
another pair of socks (Wanida, from Cookie A's "Sock Innovation" book),
a Girasole shawl in fingering weight yarn, and sweater #7 for the
National Knit a Sweater a Month Dodecathon group on Ravelry. I also
have my first Girasole waiting to be blocked, and I have a couple
sweaters that only need to be seamed together, but as I hate seaming
these may be waiting a very long time...

The Other Kim
kimmeratsoylentgreenfielddotcom

Old July 31st 09, 06:35 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
mirjam

Pot-holders! *What a great idea! *I've got a pattern for crochet one's
somewhere. *I know I saw it when I was going through my books and files to
find the patterns for the baby blankets.

I am not so keen on making pot holders but they make good presents i
can use leftovers of all kinds , Ps i always knit/crochet/weave a
piece and than sew it onto a cloth of sorts [ also a leftover ] ,this
gives it a good thickness , and people tend to use the cloth side for
the pot , !!!!!
mirjam

ps 2 , pot holders are great Swathces for trying out new patterns !!!
Old August 1st 09, 05:36 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Murielle

"The Other Kim" wrote in message
Murielle wrote:

Oops! This was supposed to be on the "anyone working on a project?"
thread.

Heh, wouldn't be the first time someone posted to the wrong thread g

Good on the baby blankets. I just finished a Baby Surprise jacket for
Liz's (Liz from ABSK) soon-to-arrive granddaughter. I'm also working on
another pair of socks (Wanida, from Cookie A's "Sock Innovation" book), a
Girasole shawl in fingering weight yarn, and sweater #7 for the National
Knit a Sweater a Month Dodecathon group on Ravelry. I also have my first
Girasole waiting to be blocked, and I have a couple sweaters that only
need to be seamed together, but as I hate seaming these may be waiting a
very long time...

The Other Kim
kimmeratsoylentgreenfielddotcom

Hi Kim!

Wow, you're so industrious! What is a Girasole? Knitting a sweater a
month! I can't even imagine that. What a sense of accomplishment you must
have as you see them all lined up. Do you pick your own patterns or do they
offer patterns--how does it work?

I'm like you, the seaming and the weaving of loose ends is my least favorite
part of knitting, though, I do love to see what I've been working on all
finished and pretty.

Did Liz go by a different name? My memory of the "old" ABSK days is
waining. I do pop in from time to time and if I have something to say I
post, otherwise I just lurk. Kind of like rcty. I think I'm getting old.
;-))

Murielle

Two New Babies Mika Quilting 13 March 25th 08 12:56 AM
New babies-- Pati Cook Quilting 11 April 22nd 07 12:05 AM
Babies babies babies! I'll never get my own quilt done!!!! FurrsomeThreesome Quilting 4 June 20th 06 09:58 PM
OT - babies SNIGDIBBLY Quilting 3 November 28th 03 05:59 PM
Honey and babies MB Quilting 3 October 13th 03 01:12 AM