what is it YOU really stitch

Old February 5th 08, 07:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

Default what is it YOU really stitch

"Gill Murray" wrote in message

Lucille wrote:
"lewmew" wrote in message

.

You are a good crafter

Watch out! I think you've just been dissed!

Yep-I kind of think so too----

Gotta understand the subtle nuances here LOL

Hey there--are you accusing anyone of having subtle nuances? That sounds
just a tad obscene to me!!!!

Old February 5th 08, 07:43 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gill Murray

Lucille wrote:

"lewmew" wrote in message

.

You are a good crafter

Watch out! I think you've just been dissed!

Yep-I kind of think so too----

Gotta understand the subtle nuances here LOL

Hey there--are you accusing anyone of having subtle nuances? That sounds
just a tad obscene to me!!!!

Better to be subtle than blatant!
Old February 5th 08, 07:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Feb 5, 10:52 am, lucretia borgia
wrote:
On Tue, 05 Feb 2008 09:46:29 -0500, "Dr. Brat"
opined:

lucretia borgia wrote:

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 05:00:00 -0800 (PST), opined:

I must say /write Lucretia , that it occured to me, that i really
don`t know what kind of stitching you do or did. I know you mooved
house , i know you drink wine i know you like to jump in on various
subjects , but i can`t remember what kind of embroidery you really
do ? would you kindly tell me about that ? mirjam

Well there you go. You can see a few of the things I have done on
rctnp and apart from that add goldwork, crewel, hardanger, whitework,
needlepoint, drawn thread, pulled thread etc etc - though I admit, I
don't really do cross stitch, except as it is included in other
things, such as samplers.

She's obviously got selective attention problems because I could have
told her that you do goldwork, crewel, and needlepoint from what you've
posted here.

I really do wish you'd leave off on her - the only time I have to see
her drivel anymore is when you respond to her and I'd hate to skip
*your* posts, darlin'.

Elizabeth

Okay, okay - just for you it's back in the kill file She can go
and take a look here.

http://users.eastlink.ca/~sheenamackenzie2/ because I think she was
trying to imply I sit on my hands !

Now, kill file here I come - wheeeeeeee...

Sheena, your work is beautiful. I love The Wave done in silver. Do you
by chance stitch with the Bedford Guild?

Louisa
Old February 5th 08, 07:51 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Feb 5, 8:04*pm, lewmew wrote:
.

You are a good crafter

Watch out! *I think you've just been dissed!

Since i am not only a fiberartist myself , but a curator as well, I am
very serious and proffessional when i look at anybody`s work ...
mirjam
Old February 5th 08, 08:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

On Feb 5, 1:51*pm, wrote:
On Feb 5, 8:04*pm, lewmew wrote:

.

You are a good crafter

Watch out! *I think you've just been dissed!

Since i am not only a fiberartist myself , but a curator as well, I am
very serious and proffessional when i look at anybody`s work ...
mirjam

But the fact that YOU consider yourself an artist does not give you
the right to call the rest of us "crafters" in an insulting way.
Many, if not most, of us consider this to be OUR talent. There are a
few sticklers for the chart, but more often than not we change it, we
make it our own. Look at Anne or Lula; look at all the designers
here, even if they only design for their own pleasure. Certainly
creating with a needle and thread IS art of a sort, even if it isn't
sewing tatters together and trying to make a statement.
Old February 5th 08, 09:53 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

wrote in message
On Feb 5, 8:04 pm, lewmew wrote:
.

You are a good crafter

Watch out! I think you've just been dissed!

Since i am not only a fiberartist myself , but a curator as well, I am
very serious and proffessional when i look at anybody`s work ...
mirjam

I fail to see what`s wrong with saying that someone`s "Good crafter" -
there`s nothing insulting in that at all. Dare I say that some may be
looking for trouble where none was intended?

Pat

Old February 5th 08, 10:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

I fail to see what`s wrong with saying that someone`s *"Good crafter" -
there`s nothing insulting in that at all. *Dare I say that some may be
looking for trouble where none was intended?

Pat

I generally stay out of these, but I recall Mirjam haughtily informing
us about craftsmen v. artists before. We "crafters" were not
favorably reviewed.
Old February 6th 08, 02:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
[email protected]

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 11:44:42 -0800 (PST), opined:

lucretia borgia wrote:

[...]

I used to belong to them but changed to the Alderney because they are
a day time Guild. All three Guilds are great (though some of us
found Town Clock a little nose in the air) it does push you on to
things you might never try otherwise. At the moment Alderney has just
started on a Richelieu piece. If you are not a Guild member and would
like to join, I can introduce you. In fact Mavia (who posts here) is
a member of Bedford. I know a couple of people also who are crossed
Town Clock and Alderney.

I didn't know there was a third guild. How often do you meet?

Louisa
Old February 6th 08, 02:28 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Pat P

"lewmew" wrote in message

I fail to see what`s wrong with saying that someone`s "Good crafter" -
there`s nothing insulting in that at all. Dare I say that some may be
looking for trouble where none was intended?

Pat

I generally stay out of these, but I recall Mirjam haughtily informing
us about craftsmen v. artists before. We "crafters" were not
favorably reviewed.

Oh well, that`s just Mirjam - IMO in normal circumstances "Crafters" is
certainly not an insult. That`s why I wondered! LOL!

Pat