Haunted House Update: OT

Old July 21st 03, 04:28 PM
Tink

Default Haunted House Update: OT

I met a neighbor from two doors down yesterday. Her husband is a police
officer, and they have lived in the neighborhood for a number of years. This
is a real community, and people know one another and help each other out.

Anyway, we had a big dumpster/rolloff thing for the weekend, as we had a lot
of junk to throw away that the prior owners left in the house. Plus, we tore
off the back porch, removed ALL the kitchen cabinetry and got rid of the
last bits of carpeting. Oh, and about two tons (no exaggeration) of rocks
that had been painted white and used to line the gardens.

Our home was one of four in a row that housed three sisters and an aunt. I
can only imagine what wonderful family gatherings took place here. Our
neighbor to the north is the last of this group.

The neighbor we just met was dropping something off next door and commented
about all the work we had done over the weekend. Out of the blue, she asked
if we had seen anything in the house. We looked at each other, then said,
'Why do you ask'?

She said that a couple of years ago when the son of the prior owner passed
away, she helped the family out, acting as hostess and such when visitors
came to the house. She talked about some things she experienced in the
upstairs bedroom where my workroom is, and they parallelled what has been
happening since I opened up the room to use it.

Then she said that Mrs. L, the woman we bought the house from, was convinced
that there was at least one spirit in the house. Particularly the one that
comes down the stairs, moves past the fireplace, then fades through the
dining room. That's the one my cats and puppy play with.

Both the neighbor and Prairieson experienced someone tugging at the back of
their shirt, then giggling.

The activity has really picked up here since we started ripping out the
kitchen.

--
Tinkster
I have some great stuff in my

Old July 21st 03, 04:55 PM
Barbara Forbes-Lyons

This gave me the chills.....

--

Barbara
www.penguintrax.com

eBay: pnguintrax
Justbeadsenguintrax

0
/O\

Old July 21st 03, 05:06 PM
Tink

It's a very good, happy feeling here.

I'm convinced there's more than one spirit: A woman, for sure, who seems to
be excited about the work we've done in the dining room, garden and now the
kitchen. A child, too... a little girl. I suspect my workroom was her room.

I think it's time to do some research in to the past residents of the house.
I do know that a woman who lived here in the 1920s was a designer at an art
glass studio here in Toledo.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com
NEW eBay Sto http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks

"vj" wrote in message
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Tink"
:

]
]Both the neighbor and Prairieson experienced someone tugging at the back

of
]their shirt, then giggling.

gods, i'd be a basket case!

maybe they're happy to have young company?

-----------
@vicki [SnuggleWench]
(Books)
http://www.booksnbytes.com
(Jewelry) http://www.vickijean.com
-----------
The Bill of Rights - Void where prohibited by Law.
Regime Change in 2004 - The life you save may be your own.

Old July 21st 03, 05:56 PM
Tink

I've found the little girl upstairs is a great playmate for Macy. Enough so
that I've moved Macy's sherpa doggie bed up there. They play catch,
apparently, among other things. Really keeps Macy occupied while I'm trying
to get things done in the kitchen.

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com
NEW eBay Sto http://www.stores.ebay.com/blackswampglassworks

"vj" wrote in message
news
vj found this in rec.crafts.beads, from "Tink"
:

It's a very good, happy feeling here.

that make it much better.

i'd still probably be a basket case - i see enough things as it is!
**grin**

Old July 21st 03, 06:08 PM
Carol in SLC

I do know that a woman who lived here in the 1920s was a designer at an art
glass studio here in Toledo.

Ahhhhh - she might be *very* interested in the goings on there now, indeed!

Carol in SLC
(Newest stuff - http://members.aol.com/carolinslc/coralcameo.jpg )
Little sister's new JB auctions 7/12
http://www.justbeads.com/search/ql.cfm?s=63875
Old July 21st 03, 06:27 PM
Tink

I kind of hope this is her spirit, but I don't think it is. My beads in the
upstairs bedroom get played with... Sorted into piles... But I think that is
the little girl.

Maybe if the designer's spirit shows up, I'll wake up to a full kiln of
beautiful glass at some point. LOL!

--
Tinkster
www.imeltstuff.com

Old July 21st 03, 07:15 PM
Dr. Sooz

Eeeeeeeeeeeeeek!
~~
Sooz
-------
ESBC
~ Dr. Sooz's Bead Links
~ Bead Notes: Beading information A - Z
http://www.lampwork.net/beadnotes.html

Old July 21st 03, 07:16 PM
Dr. Sooz

I do know that a woman who lived here in the 1920s was a designer at an art
glass studio here in Toledo.

If she's one of the ghosts, I'm sure she's delighted to have you guys there.
~~
Sooz
-------

Old July 21st 03, 07:54 PM
Carol in SLC

I was shaken, but grateful, and I let 'her' know I appreciated her help.

Geez. Tink - that was fortunate!

Old July 21st 03, 08:52 PM
florentine

Hi. I'm a lurker and just wanted to jump in here, if no one minds. Lots
of times spirit activity will pick up when a house is being remodeled
It sounds like yours are very benign and not a threat. Don't get too
caught up in them though. You are from two different planes of
existence. Keep a friendly distance I would talk to them and be nice.
You can all get along.

I live in an old Victorian-era farmhouse and we have spirits. We all
get along. We used to have a lot of activity in our upstairs hallway,
but it stopped when we put a computer in the room directly below.
Something about electrical devices interferring with spirit
activity.....

Florentine

OT Going to be gone UPDATE Deirdre S. Beads 67 July 20th 03 07:57 AM
Sort of OT, ad kinda - update on website, including Bead Notes Kandice Seeber Beads 25 July 17th 03 01:09 AM
Long...Please Read!-- update on website, Links List Linx Beads 1 July 15th 03 01:27 AM
AD (sorta) HUGE Site Update Linx Beads 2 July 9th 03 04:11 PM
An update was- OT I'm alive Dr. Sooz Beads 4 July 9th 03 03:54 AM