Very quiet

Old February 9th 09, 05:56 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
ellice

Default Very quiet

On 2/7/09 10:20 PM, "Susan Hartman" wrote:

ellice wrote:
On 2/7/09 11:33 AM, "Cheryl Isaak" wrote:

On 2/6/09 6:34 PM, in article , "ellice"
wrote:

So what are you reading? I finished "Plum Spooky" (Evanovich) - very funny.
The Georgette Heyer I grabbed is too frothy for me right now.

LOL - I picked up some authors that I hadn't really read. All light.
Ericka had given me a Rhys Bowen (Her Royal Spyness) and I liked it. So I
got what I thought were the first 3 of her Constable Evans series - but
actually I think I got 2-3-4. I've read the first 2 now. - they're good and
quick. Also, read the last 2 Joan Hess "Claire Malloy" books - the last was
pretty good, think I already had read the prior one. And read "Riding
Shotgun" by Rita Mae Brown. A little bit lecturish, and I will confess that
during the first section I had a "where is this going" set of moments - but
she adds a pretty good twist of fancy - and on the whole I really liked the
book. Plus - I'm eating with admiration at the gorgeous horse in her cover
pic - she's MFH (Master of the Hunt) with a hunt near Charlottesville, and
the horse in the pic is a stunner. So, now I think I'll read her mystery
series that's horsey oriented. I can live vicariously while life tumbles
around. I also have the latest PD James.

(snipped rest so I could butt in with a book recommendation)

I just finished "Fidali's Way," a first novel by George Mastras. It's
about an American traveling in Pakistan/Afghanistan/India border regions
- w/o a passport, so trying to make it across border eluding police.
Adventure novel with a lot of cross-cultural influences, particularly
insights into Muslim philosopy. It's very good - good plot, good
characters. Stylistically, very respectable, especially for a first timer.

There are some passages that really stick with me, so that's a point in
its favor - makes me continue to think about the lessons imparted.

http://tinyurl.com/alvzy3

sue

Thanks for the recommendation. I finished my load of 7 from the library
already. Will drop off, pick-up more tomorrow.

Ellice

Old February 9th 09, 08:14 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/9/09 12:22 PM, in article ,
"lucretia borgia" wrote:

On Mon, 09 Feb 2009 10:09:44 -0500, Cheryl Isaak
opined:

After an exhausting day yesterday, I'm doing a mini crash. I'm not leaving
the house to do errands until 12:30 and nothing will be more than 5 miles
away. Buy gas, return shirt (hope they have it one size up, leer at purses),
return library books, check out more books, pick up DS at HS, go home, leave
again to drop him off at hockey and pick him back up.

Yesterday, it was up at 5:45 for 7:15 ice (won that game), stayed for
practice (maybe should have skipped it), went to breakfast, went home, did
laundry, at 2:30 PM went to back to the same rink we were at 6:30 AM (lost,
but DH FINALLY got to see DD score a goal) and drove to next rink for 5:30
game (they won - got the cheesy medal) came home and collapsed.

Today - I'm catching up on paperwork, some cleaning and making soups from
leftovers. Sort of beef stew from the Xmas (frozen) prime rib and a vaguely
Thai style chicken and rice.

And at 11:00 AM I will take a stitching break while I watch The Price is
Right.

Is that show STILL on ???? When my mother was dying (1975) she fell
in love with the Price is Right and it sent me up the wall. She had
never in her life had television (they never lived where there was any
English television) and she was riveted. She had a brain tumour and
she would start the moment she woke up reminding me she did not want
to miss 'that programme I like' - it was either that or 'what time is
it' - there were so many times when I really wanted to say, four
minutes later than when you last asked lol It was very sad because
she had been a very intelligent woman.

I used to watch The Price is Right with my mother and grandmother and we
would "play along" - who had the best/closest bid, had "won" the most
stuff...all for the fun of it.
When I had the flu a few years ago, I started watching it again. I was stuck
on the couch and barely had the strength to use the remote, never mind pick
up a book or a needle.

I grew to dislike Bob Barker - he seemed to not enjoy doing the show and it
showed. I do like Drew Carey in his shoes.

You sent your sore throat to me over the net didn't you ??

Sorry - maybe it was DD

Old February 9th 09, 11:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

On 2/9/09 12:53 PM, in article , "lucille"
wrote:

"lucretia borgia" wrote in message
[...]

I haven't watched the Price is Right for years. Who is the host now that
Bob Barker finally gave it up?

Drew Carey and he is a hoot. And his announcer is funny too.

Take care of that throat. It wouldn't do for you to lose your voice if your
vocal chords get swollen.

That means whisper Sheena

Old February 10th 09, 12:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Edna

"Cheryl Isaak" wrote in message
On 2/7/09 7:47 PM, in article
,
"Edna" wrote:

wrote in message
On Feb 7, 1:04 pm, Olwyn Mary wrote:

Let you leave early???? Over here they positively push you out the door
the day after surgery - if, that is, they allowed you to stay overnight
in the first place!!

Ah yes however I still have a drain attached.. stopping any fluid
buildup..
which has to be emptied daily.

I was in a private hospital with my own room and surgeon.

Edna in hot Sydney

I think I'd have stayed put.

Cheryl

No thanks, I prefer my own comfortable bed ;-)

Edna

Too quiet lewmew Needlework 10 February 7th 09 03:44 AM
Been quiet for a while AliceW Quilting 15 April 27th 06 06:00 PM
Its so quiet in here!!! D Curtis Quilting 13 November 14th 05 06:01 PM
This NG is entirely TOO quiet! Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 6 July 12th 05 01:50 PM