ON-t: just for fun, fave knitting needles?

Old June 20th 06, 10:13 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default ON-t: just for fun, fave knitting needles?

Thought I'd throw in an ON topic query or two!
So... what are your fave knitting needles?

me:
1. my Denise set
2. Colonial rosewood DPN's
3. Brittany birch DPN's
4. Inox Express, closely followed by Addi Turbo
5. Pony DPN's
6. Comfort Zone DPN's

Have fun!
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-3, 06/20/2006
Tested: 6/20/2006 4:13:30 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old June 21st 06, 12:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Default just for fun, fave knitting needles?

What size? At US#1, I like steel. At size 6, steel is so bad I can not use
the right words here.
And for what purpose? Sitting at home in my easy chair, I like fast
slippery sock needles. Out traveling, I like sock needles that absolutely
will not fall out and get lost, even if they are so rough that they give me
blisters.

Let me change the question a bit: You are flood victim and you are being
allowed to take 1/2 pound of knitting needles and tools and up to 10 pounds
of any ONE yarn to last you for the indefinite future. You have 30 minutes
to pack and get out the door. What do you take?

I would take my
good/smooth wood sock needles in 6" size 4
1 set of 5-18" #1 steel gansey needles
knitting sheath
Swiss army knife with scissors
tape measure
set of 5-10" steel #1 DPN
set of 5 - 7" aluminum #0 DPN
10# of Bartletts sport weight

Sorry, my other task for the day is to brainstorm out the potential
consequences of global warming including abrupt climate due to changes in
thremolhaline currents. Kind of depressing because we are not ready and we
are not getting ready. And, the folks that should be leading do not have
any better grip on the science of global warming than they had on military
science when they said that a hydrogen generator for the Iraq Artillery was
a "Mobile Biological Weapons Lab." You know who I mean.

Aaron

Old June 21st 06, 01:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

YarnWright wrote:
Thought I'd throw in an ON topic query or two!
So... what are your fave knitting needles?

me:
1. my Denise set
2. Colonial rosewood DPN's
3. Brittany birch DPN's
4. Inox Express, closely followed by Addi Turbo
5. Pony DPN's
6. Comfort Zone DPN's

If I could get them - tortoise shell.

HIgs,
Katherine

Old June 21st 06, 01:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 21:50:44 -0300, Katherine spun a fine yarn

YarnWright wrote:
Thought I'd throw in an ON topic query or two!
So... what are your fave knitting needles?

me:
1. my Denise set
2. Colonial rosewood DPN's
3. Brittany birch DPN's
4. Inox Express, closely followed by Addi Turbo
5. Pony DPN's
6. Comfort Zone DPN's

If I could get them - tortoise shell.

HIgs,
Katherine

I'm still working on that, Katherine!
Hang tight!
Hugs,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-3, 06/20/2006
Tested: 6/20/2006 7:56:52 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old June 21st 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:13:28 -0500, YarnWright
wrote:

Thought I'd throw in an ON topic query or two!
So... what are your fave knitting needles?

I'd agree with the Denise set and add
my Bryspun 10" straights. I love the points.
Bryspun DPNs and Brittany DPNs

Alison

Old June 21st 06, 03:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:13:28 -0500, YarnWright
spewed forth :

Thought I'd throw in an ON topic query or two!
So... what are your fave knitting needles?

Depends on what I'm knitting.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old June 21st 06, 05:31 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 02:11:44 GMT, Alison spun a fine yarn

wrote:

Thought I'd throw in an ON topic query or two!
So... what are your fave knitting needles?

I'd agree with the Denise set and add
my Bryspun 10" straights. I love the points.
Bryspun DPNs and Brittany DPNs

Alison

---

Hi, Alison

I've some Bryspuns, and DO like them.
LOL, I"ve got some for sale in my destash list!

Hugs,
Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-3, 06/20/2006
Tested: 6/20/2006 11:31:41 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old June 21st 06, 05:32 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

On Wed, 21 Jun 2006 02:34:33 GMT, Wooly spun a fine yarn

On Tue, 20 Jun 2006 16:13:28 -0500, YarnWright
spewed forth :

Thought I'd throw in an ON topic query or two!
So... what are your fave knitting needles?

Depends on what I'm knitting.

spewwwwww!
A very conservative answer from a know liberal!

Noreen

http://www.lulu.com/content/292418
- - - - -
---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0625-3, 06/20/2006
Tested: 6/20/2006 11:32:44 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old June 21st 06, 05:50 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

YarnWright wrote:
Thought I'd throw in an ON topic query or two!
So... what are your fave knitting needles?

me:
1. my Denise set
2. Colonial rosewood DPN's
3. Brittany birch DPN's
4. Inox Express, closely followed by Addi Turbo
5. Pony DPN's
6. Comfort Zone DPN's

Have fun!
Noreen

All of my straight needles are Boyes.

My circular needles are Boyes also.

I do have a Denise set I use most when I need a circular.

I also have two set of Boye interchangeable circulars.

All my double points are clover with a few Susan Bates.

My favorite needles are my full set of Clover bamboo flex needles or
maybe my Denise set? Hhhhmmmm.

Hugs & God bless,
Dennis & Gail
Old June 21st 06, 06:19 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Noreen wrote:

Thought I'd throw in an ON topic query or two!
So... what are your fave knitting needles?

me:
1. my Denise set
2. Colonial rosewood DPN's
3. Brittany birch DPN's
4. Inox Express, closely followed by Addi Turbo
5. Pony DPN's
6. Comfort Zone DPN's

Well, I'm partial to bamboo because I like the control; I tend to drop
stitches like crazy off aluminum or steel. All of my circulars are
Plymouth bamboo, and I love them. I like short DPNs, like 5", so I like
the Brittany birch DPNs (except I keep breaking the 2-mm ones; I've gone
through several sets in the past few years). I recently picked up a
couple sets of Crystal Palace bamboo DPNs that I really like; they're 6"
so not *too* long, and they seem to be holding up to my abuse rather
nicely. I had been bending my Inox bamboo DPNs to the point where they
were gonna start snapping, so I'm giving them a rest; they're also 7"
needles, but I tolerate the length because the needles are nice.

The Other Kim
kimagreenfieldatyahoodotcom

How did you all get started knitting [email protected] Yarn 32 June 10th 06 09:29 AM
Knitting Flex needles Size 17&19 needed Padishar Creel Yarn 7 June 5th 06 04:51 PM
I'm afraid to ask . . . Joy Yarn 35 April 9th 06 04:21 AM
YOur help needed please Norma Yarn 13 March 10th 06 10:19 PM
ebay: some newly listed interesting items: knitting needle lots, looms, vintage sewing needles etc marilyn safier Marketplace 0 December 6th 04 05:33 PM