3 new designs...

Old January 26th 05, 10:25 PM
Cheryl Isaak

On 1/26/05 5:16 PM, in article ,
"Stefania Bressan" wrote:

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:25:25 -0600, Dianne Lewandowski wrote:

Italy has a "real" lace stamp, made by Arnaldo Caprai (a famous
industrial high-quality lace maker). It's so beautiful I would hesitate
to actually use it. :-)

You can see it at:
http://english.caprai.it

Ciao, Stefania

Is it available anywhere? I have hard to buy for stamp collector in mind!

Cheryl

Old January 26th 05, 10:35 PM
Lucille

Look on the website. If you scroll down to the bottom you'll see a link
marked shops. Click on it and it'll give you places you can order by mail.
I have Thimbelina, the needlework fairy, hanging in my sewing room and she's
absolutely delightful.

Lucille

"Sally Thompson" wrote in message
I want the needlework and knitting fairies....

Does anyone know where I can get these through mail order?

No local shops have them.

Sally

On 1/26/05 2:21 PM, in article , "Dawne
Peterson" wrote:

The Knitting Fairy is absolutely wonderful---off to my LNS tomorrow to
see
if she's there yet.
Dawne

Old January 26th 05, 10:48 PM
Jeanine3

You can buy them online at:
http://tinyurl.com/4vxnb
warning: site is in italian!
HTH,
Jeanine in Canada

Old January 26th 05, 11:08 PM
Jere Williams

What a beautiful envelope on your link, Lynne -- I have four that are very
similar to your that were sent by my paternal grandfather when he was in
Europe in WWI, and they are treasured possessions.
--
Jere

"Lynne Nicoletti" wrote in message
Thank you very much for checking these designs out and for your
encouraging compliments... I'm very glad to hear that you liked them.

Actually, RCTN played a large part in the birth of these pieces. Back
in October, there was a discussion here about embroidered envelopes that
reminded me of the one that's been passed through my family since 1915
(please try
http://www.lynnenicoletti.com/growin...envelopes.html if you'd
like to see it). The discussion immediately piqued my interest and,
when a self-titled 'lurker' named Sandra, offered a link to some French
embroidered envelopes I set off to discover what this might be about.
It seems that, in France, some people do send these envelopes 'naked'
through the mail. I don't know about you, Dianne, but it would
definitely worry me to send them in this way. So, I chose to
incorporate postal stamps into the design.

My understanding of French is quite shaky (and the Google translation's
even worse!) but it seems that others have chosen to have co-operative
postal clerks hand-stamp their embroidered envelopes. They then place
their hand-stitched envelope into a regular mailing envelope and send it
off this way.

By the way, Dianne, I've thought about you every day since your little
episode with the new gas stove. Every day, I turn the wrong knob to
boil water for tea and wonder if you've managed to re-train yourself
yet!!

Old January 26th 05, 11:10 PM
Cheryl Isaak

Can any body in Italy help?

Cheryl

On 1/26/05 5:48 PM, in article c7VJd.181884$8l.166325@pd7tw1no, "Jeanine3"
wrote:

You can buy them online at:
http://tinyurl.com/4vxnb
warning: site is in italian!
HTH,
Jeanine in Canada

Old January 27th 05, 12:38 AM
Lynne Nicoletti

Thanks, Lucille... I'm sure that "the girls" would be quite happy
sharing your space. Who knows? They might even teach one another to
knit/stitch!

The Philatelic Lace is beautiful, Dianne, and so delicate.

These pieces will be appearing in Hoffman's February new book listings,
Sally (http://www.hoffmandis.com) I'm sorry, but I don't know when this
list is made available to LNS owners.
They may also be available through Nordic Needle
).

You have 4 WW1 embroidered envelopes, Jere... you're so lucky! Is it
possible for you to post pictures? I'd love to see them.

Old January 27th 05, 01:27 AM
lula

Lynne,

Your Knitting Fairy is lovely! You took a good idea and did it in such
an appealing, charming style.

Also, I like the stitched envelope design and its
possibilities......it's a great cross over design for mixed media
collage!

One can actually mail a stitched envelope as long as it holds it's shape
with the address clearly shown.
In the past, we used to receive and send packages with sewn on fabric
covers to and from our Grandmother overseas.

Our post office will hand cancel envelopes on the spot if asked to do
so.
Years ago, I sent many hand painted art envelopes through the mails
while Mr Wooly was on a military "short tour".....all arrived in
excellent condition.
Nowadays there are clear envelopes one can put the painted and stitched
piece to mail.
---
Lula
http://www.woolydream.com
Needlework Adventures

Lynne Nicoletti wrote:

Hi, I hope everyone's been keeping well.
I'd just like to invite you to take a peek at 3 new designs...
"Purl/PEARL: The Knitting Fairy" and 2 Embroidered Envelopes (the first
two in a new series)... http://www.lynnenicoletti.com/new.html
Thank you very much for reading this message and for taking the time to
check out these pieces. Have a great afternoon,
Lynne

Old January 27th 05, 01:57 AM
Jenn Liace

On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:20:49 -0700, Sally Thompson
wrote:

I want the needlework and knitting fairies....

Does anyone know where I can get these through mail order?

A friend bought Thimbelina and loaned it to me for a Love Quilts
piece, I believe she got it at Stitches N Things
(www.stitchesnthings.com). I think you're in Canada, though, so I
don't know what she would charge to ship there.

Jenn L.
--
http://home.comcast.net/~sewunicorn/
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace

Current projects:
Terry's Garden (Lesa Steele Designs)
Nordic Needle Rose (Silver Lining)
Starry Night (Vincent van Gogh via Cross Stitch Collectibles)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Weight loss to date: 18.5 lbs
Old January 27th 05, 05:01 AM
Tami Walters

Lynne,

The Knitting Fairy is great. I checked out Thimbelina too on your sit. I
love them both. I'll be off to my LNS this weekend to see if they carry
them or can order them. Again, wonderful designs.

Tami