Help: Stencils on metal like military armor boxes etc etc

Old July 28th 03, 05:39 AM
Lucas Jensen

Default Help: Stencils on metal like military armor boxes etc etc

I want to be able to make stencil letters just like you see them on
aircraft and military armor boxes etc. Can somebody tell me, where I
get the right letters and most important what kind of paint (spray,
regular brush paint etc) I should use on metal? What store should I go
to and what brand should I ask for? Thanks.

Lucas
Old July 28th 03, 03:01 PM
Pat Kight

Lucas Jensen wrote:
I want to be able to make stencil letters just like you see them on
aircraft and military armor boxes etc. Can somebody tell me, where I
get the right letters and most important what kind of paint (spray,
regular brush paint etc) I should use on metal? What store should I go
to and what brand should I ask for? Thanks.

In the US, one can usually find sets of alphabet stencils at
office-supply or art-supply stores. They're die-cut from heavy card
stock. Secure them with a bit of tape, mask the edges with plain paper
to prevent overspray and spray with standard spray paint.

If you can't find the sets, you can cut your own from manila card stock,
or even old manila folders. If you want them to last a long time for
repeated uses, you can oil the paper before cutting - simply brush on a
coat of mineral or vegetable oil, let it dry for a while and, if
necessary, blot up any excess with a paper towel.

--
Pat Kight