OT-Moose in the yard

Old June 15th 08, 06:00 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
steve

Default OT-Moose in the yard

Hi all

We got up this morning and went out to get the paper and the neighbors
across the street were pointing at our yard and said, "Look". Just on the
other side of the driveway was a cow moose with two calves. What was even
better was when they walked across the street to the yard of the people that
pointed them out and then we could take lots of pictures and some video.
Such a treat for the grandma across the street that was visiting and they
came within about 10 feet of their deck. Anyways, here is a link to a few
pictures. They are so cute. One nuzzled the wind chimes and when it rang
you should have seen it jump and run away.

http://picasaweb.google.com/RainbowMoose/Moose

Enjoy

Steven
Alaska

Old June 15th 08, 07:41 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Patti

What a wonderful experience.
Those calves look really young.
Lovely - thanks Steven.
..
In message ications,
steve writes

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old June 15th 08, 12:36 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Polly Esther[_2_]

What a wonderful moment. So glad you were able to share it with us. Polly

"Patti" wrote What a wonderful experience.
Those calves look really young.
Lovely - thanks Steven.
.
In message steve wroteHi all

Old June 15th 08, 01:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Estelle Gallagher

They are lovely. So great that you were able to capture them. And there was
me pleased to have taken a picture of a Ferrel cat that visits for food. lol
--
Estelle UK
Gallagher one one at btinternet.com

You are never too old to become the person you should have been!
My photos are here!
http://community.webshots.com/user/EstelleUK11
mmunications...

Old June 15th 08, 01:49 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Roberta Zollner

That's amazing! Thanks for the view.
My woodpeckers can't compete with that, but yesterday we had a parent
woodpecker being followed all over the yard by a noisy juvenile, fatter than
its parent, who would stop every now and then and stuff something down the
child's beak. I really did sympathize, even though it'S been a few years
since our DDs moved out :-)
Roberta in D

Old June 15th 08, 06:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Carolyn McCarty

That is so cool! Nice of you to share, Steven.

My son, while skiing this spring, ran into a cow moose with a calf. The cow
charged him but he was lucky enough to take cover quickly, or the story
would have had a tragic outcome. Moose are very protective of their calves!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you're not trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools. --Red Green

Old June 15th 08, 06:54 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Pat in Virginia

How cool! I see the Mama Moose is enjoying some Impatiens for breakfast!
Thanks for the show,

--
Pat in Virginia

Old June 15th 08, 08:48 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
teleflora

Better moose than a BEAR, Steve! I read the Anchorage paper online every
day and awhile back some guy came out of his house to go run and ran into a
bear.

There were also pictures posted of several bears playing on a swingset in
somebody's back yard.

Cindy

Old June 16th 08, 02:34 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Gen

Neat! Thanks for sharing.
Gen

"steve" wrote in message
[...]

Thank you A Nonny Moose!!!! David & Barbara Schmidt Quilting 0 February 13th 06 02:23 PM
Another squish from A Nanny Moose anonymous Quilting 0 February 10th 06 07:34 PM
Candice's Christmas Moose:) crna_ofca Polymer Clay 3 September 14th 05 08:05 PM
Moose Pattern Shannon Machine Knit 2 October 27th 04 04:35 AM
goofy Canadian moose..... Molvik Family Yarn 0 July 2nd 03 01:32 AM