Decisions...decisions! Advice needed

Old November 30th 07, 04:11 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Default Decisions...decisions! Advice needed (DO NOT OPEN!!)

SewVeryCreative wrote:
I'll bring the woodchipper and chainsaw!! Or we can just do it a la Dexter
(one of my favorite shows - isn't that awful?! LOL!) and dump the bodies
overboard in hefty bags. I'd say we could start our new career with our new
resident bozo, but I ain't touchin' him - not even with the thickest rubber
gloves.

*puts nice stereotypical quilter/mother of two mask back on!!*

Can't quite get into Dexter - on Showtime, anyway. I haven't read the
books.....yet. I was thinking more along the lines of Miss Melville --
the books by Evelyn E. Smith.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old November 30th 07, 02:38 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Juno

Pogonip wrote:

We did do that, didn't we? Seventeen Magazine was telling us that we
needed to meet Mr. Right and do the June Cleaver thing. Ha! What a
crock that was. But the youngsters had best be sure to exercise those
rights we fought to get, or they'll be taken away again.

You've got that right. Far to many want to sit on their butts and
complain and not bother to protect the rights they have. Too many want
to believe that it's my gov, right or wrong so I have to go along . Too
many want someone to *protect* them and tell them what to do. Too many
have be come so afraid of what's out there that they believe everything
they are told by the gov. I better stop now before I get really
political.
Old November 30th 07, 06:17 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Kate XXXXXX Kate XXXXXX is offline
Banned

Juno wrote:

No, I figured I just wasn't sufficiently clear. I am 69 years old,
can drive competitively though I rarely do, not having a red light and
siren anymore, and do like the current music scene. Doesn't hurt to
have one kid who is a punk rocker, playing in several bands. Not that
I like his brand of punk which I believe is called "thrash" - but
there's lots of really good stuff out there. I don't quilt because
it's too finicky for me - I think of meself as a "big picture"
person. ;-) But I do wear Birks and have a couple of shawls that I
wear, especially at night on the ole computer. One I made when
learning to use my knitting machine, one a friend made for me. I
don't wear it, but I've also got one that's 40 years old that will go
through a wedding ring - beautiful thing it is. I want a paisley, and
if one ever crosses my path.....

There's little left in the world to shock me, I'm afraid. Disgust,
yes. Turn me off, yes. Make me angry even, if there's an unwilling
participant or abuser of authority. If I live long enough, I think
I'll become an assassin. Who would suspect an 90-year-old woman?

The thing that many *younger people* don't realize is that us little old
ladies sewing our quilts are the ones changed the world for them. We are
the original, hippies, rockers, bra burners, anti war, folk singing,
Woodstock people. As you said there's little out there that shocks us
anymore. There's plenty that just plain annoys the hell out of me, makes
me angry and I frequently would just like to pull someone's britches
down and give them a good old smack on the nether region, but that's
about it.

I spent some of my formative years associating with naval ratings' kids,
many more knocking about with the RAF. Kinda knocks the corners off yer
prejudices, that does! As does 20 years (on and off!) of teaching
school refuznik lads in their grubby teens... I seem to have acquired a
rather larger profane vocabulary than most kids I've come across! And
when yer MUM likes the Beatles White album and yer 13 YO kid likes both
Queen and jaz, it keeps your ears alive!

I decided that burning bras was a waste of money and just didn't buy
them for several years!

I too can be saddened, enraged, and irritated to the point of spitting
teeth, but am rarely shocked by the awfulness of mankind. On the other
hand, I am frequently astonished and delighted by the generosity of
spirit in the sewing world, and the wisdom of most kids!

Been in school playing again today!
http://www.katedicey.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old November 30th 07, 10:01 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Kate XXXXXX wrote:
Juno wrote:

----lots of good stuff snipped------

I wish they'd get on with inventing that transporter thing. I want to
have a party with all the good people here that we have so much fun
playing together. I think it'll take several days, actually, so that we
all have a chance for show-and-tell and lots of good stories and anecdotes.

A sort of United Nations of stitchers.

Old November 30th 07, 11:06 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Juno

Pogonip wrote:
Kate XXXXXX wrote:
Juno wrote:

----lots of good stuff snipped------

I wish they'd get on with inventing that transporter thing. I want to
have a party with all the good people here that we have so much fun
playing together. I think it'll take several days, actually, so that we
all have a chance for show-and-tell and lots of good stories and anecdotes.

A sort of United Nations of stitchers.

Sounds like a good idea to me