On 't' and OT (knitting and groaning)

Old December 19th 06, 10:00 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

Default On 't' and OT (knitting and groaning)

"WoolyGooly" wrote in message
news
On 19 Dec 2006 16:11:38 +0200, "YarnWright"
wrote:

Hah. My MIL suggested a few weeks ago that I really ought to buy
gifts this year even though I do "beautiful handicrafts".

I bought her a lump of coal :P

Good for you.

I'm new here ...

.... and English

Mary

Old December 19th 06, 10:22 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
hesira

I hear you Shilegh. I made the scarf this summer while I was "sick
knitting". I couldn't do much else at the time, and my inlaws are
impossible to shop for, so I thought I'd give it to her regardless of
her reaction (or lack thereof). So it relieved the stress of buying
for them. To me it wasn't a waste of time, as I learned about lace
knitting, and used lovely yarn (Blue Sky Alpaca & Silk). I guess I
could have kept it for myself, but it seemed to fit the bill for
stepMIL. I DO know my real MIL will love the one I made for her, and
I'm guessing all the sock recipents will be delighted with their gifts.
All in all, the Christmas knitting (really my 1st time to do it) was
pleasurable and I learned a lot. I wouldn't have given the gifts I
did, if I was really worried or heavily invested in their reactions to
them.

But I'll take your 2 cents, anyway!

Hesira

Shillelagh wrote:
"hesira" wrote in message
ps.com...

Branching Out is a gorgeous scarf. I know I wouldn't spend my precious
energy making something that beautiful for someone that ungrateful. Taking
the high road would be buying her something you think she'd use/like and
saving your energy for those who appreciate it.

Old December 19th 06, 10:29 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

YarnWright spun a FINE 'yarn':

ON t: I've got two shawls on the needles as well as a pair of
socks~!~ OT: I am SO upset with my ungrateful mother who was totally
unappreciative regarding a felted bag/pursette I included in her box
of Christmas gifts.
Noreen
who has a monster headache.

Thanks everyone, my friends, who've responded.
You're right, I've enabled her the power to hurt, and I'm just not
going to do it anymore.
Hugs,
Noreen

--

---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.

Old December 19th 06, 10:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

Mary Fisher spun a FINE 'yarn':

wrote:

Hah. My MIL suggested a few weeks ago that I really ought to buy
gifts this year even though I do "beautiful handicrafts".

I bought her a lump of coal :P

Good for you.

I'm new here ...

... and English

Mary

Welcome, Mary!
Noreen
in Tennessee, USA

--

---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0660-0, 12/19/2006
Tested: 12/19/2006 4:27:21 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old December 19th 06, 10:32 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
YarnWright

YarnWright spun a FINE 'yarn':

Mary Fisher spun a FINE 'yarn':

wrote:

Hah. My MIL suggested a few weeks ago that I really ought to buy
gifts this year even though I do "beautiful handicrafts".

I bought her a lump of coal :P

Good for you.

I'm new here ...

... and English

Mary

Welcome, Mary!
Noreen
in Tennessee, USA

I could add that I'm of German, Irish and Polish descent.
Noreen
still in TN, USA, tho! grin!

--

---
avast! AV: Outbound message clean.
Virus Database (VPS): 0660-0, 12/19/2006
Tested: 12/19/2006 4:28:41 PM
avast! - (c) 1988-2006

Old December 19th 06, 11:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"Mary Fisher" skrev i melding
t...

Good for you.

I'm new here ...

... and English

Mary

Hi Mary!
Welcome!
I'm Norwegian.

AUD ;-))
alrefsnesathotmaildotcom
http://community.webshots.com/user/dual44

Old December 19th 06, 11:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Aud

"YarnWright" skrev i melding

ON t: I've got two shawls on the needles as well as a pair of
socks~!~
OT: I am SO upset with my ungrateful mother who was totally
unappreciative regarding a felted bag/pursette I included in her box
of
Christmas gifts.
Noreen
who has a monster headache.

Noreen,
Don't give anything to people you are not sure will LOVE to get your
work!
I send "antiheadache waves to you!" (but don't trust me, cannot even get
rid of my own! LOL!
AUD ;-)

Old December 19th 06, 11:31 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mary Fisher

"YarnWright" wrote in message
YarnWright spun a FINE 'yarn':

Mary Fisher spun a FINE 'yarn':

wrote:

Hah. My MIL suggested a few weeks ago that I really ought to buy
gifts this year even though I do "beautiful handicrafts".

I bought her a lump of coal :P

Good for you.

I'm new here ...

... and English

Mary

Welcome, Mary!
Noreen
in Tennessee, USA

I could add that I'm of German, Irish and Polish descent.
Noreen
still in TN, USA, tho! grin!

I don't know what 'English' means :-)

Thanks for the welcome.

Mary

Old December 20th 06, 12:40 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Carey N.

"YarnWright" wrote in message

ON t: I've got two shawls on the needles as well as a pair of socks~!~
OT: I am SO upset with my ungrateful mother who was totally
unappreciative regarding a felted bag/pursette I included in her box of
Christmas gifts.
Noreen
who has a monster headache.
--

Noreen,
Please don't bother sending your mother anything more hand-made. It would
be one thing if she appreciated the time and effort put in to making your
lovely items, even if they weren't quite to her taste, but it sounds like
she doesn't even extend her thinking that far. If you haven't been able to
enlighten her so far, you may as well concede that you never will. It's not
your fault; some people just don't get it. If you were sending a 'box of
gifts,' I'm sure the felted purse was not the only thing designated for her,
so it's not like you weren't sending her a gift at all. Next year, send her
a gift certificate to a store in her area, and tell her you thought you'd
let her pick her own gift so she gets something she likes.

Now, here's some cyber-aspirin and a hug. Look on the bright side; since
you're sending a box with gifts, you're not spending Christmas at her house,
right?

TTFN,
Carey in MA

Old December 20th 06, 01:12 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
WoolyGooly

On Tue, 19 Dec 2006 22:31:34 -0000, "Mary Fisher"
wrote:

I don't know what 'English' means :-)

A little Pict, a little Norse, a little Saxon, a little Franq, a
little Roman (and by derivation a little Asian and a little
African)...