Fruits we spoke about... Enjoy! :o)

Old August 18th 05, 09:26 PM
JaneB

"Wooly" wrote in message
.. You have no idea what's behind their living arrangement and you're not
qualified to comment on it even if you think you know something based
on the information Gem has given us in the past.

is *THAT* clear enough?

Something is certainly clear. Its too bad so many of "the internets"
have turned into ********s; this trend has made it quite difficult to
find any decent places to exchange ideas...

Wooly: Hey, you know what? Somebody should speak up for 24 year-old
Matthew and I'm not ashamed to be the only one doing it publicly. His love
life, his financial woes, his hiring, even his firing, his previous
dating/intimacy behavior......all have been meticulously detailed and
published by his mother into this yarn group, even posting, as currently,
under *his* own real name in his ISP account. Prior to this, with poor
Matthew in mind, I have sent her instructions how NOT to put his name in
the header and here she is back again, big as life, "Matthew Holland." And
it grieves me that his confidential information is discussed by others in
this group. Good! Wow! Glad he once AGAIN put off his plans with his
sweetheart, whew, guess you're relieved.... etc...etc....
How just plain awful.

As it happens, I have a son named Matthew, too. If I were publishing my
Matthew's most personal, intimate and confidential information into a
worldwide yarn group, (and even imaginging that boggles the mind,) I would
truly hope that somebody -- maybe you, Wolly -- would say a word on behalf
of his right to privacy. Because I'm sure he has know idea that she has
made him the poster boy for failure and bad judgement in an international
Usenet group. If my criticism will make her stop I'll offer it again and
again.

No, I don't apologize for speaking out for Matthew, Wooly. I truly hope
to read someday in this yarn group that he has got in his car, taken his
sweetie with him and driven off into his future as a grownup, finally free
to make his own mistakes just as the rest of us grownups are.

Keep the faith, Matthew Holland. If you could read my email you'd realize
that more people than you'll ever know are cheering for you. I'd surely send
this to your email but I'm sure you'd never see it.

JaneB

Old August 18th 05, 10:04 PM
Karen in MN

"JaneB" wrote in message

I think it's deeply sad to see
someone cheer that her 24-year old son has once again bowed to pressure to
put off his adult pursuits to live with and support his mother.

JaneB
is *THAT* clear enough?

Geez, Jane, is Matthew or Gem's personal life really any of your business?
If you're going to complain about people going "off-topic", perhaps you
should refrain from sticking your nose in them.

I don't normally respond to issues like this, but that is really annoying.

Old August 18th 05, 10:04 PM
Wooly

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 14:26:26 -0600, "JaneB" spewed
forth :

Wooly: Hey, you know what? Somebody should speak up for 24 year-old
Matthew and I'm not ashamed to be the only one doing it publicly.

a word on behalf
of his right to privacy. Because I'm sure he has know idea that she has
made him the poster boy for failure and bad judgement in an international
Usenet group. If my criticism will make her stop I'll offer it again and
again.

No, I don't apologize for speaking out for Matthew,

Ah yes, Jane, who presumed to know that I was doping my son to the
gills for my own convenience when I commented in this forum about his
ADD and who also presumed to lecture me about my parenting skills,
life choices and various other things about which you were then and
are still ignorant.

Jane, obviously your education was lacking. There's a difference
between belittling and defending and you seem incapable of making the
distinction.

What YOU did was to belittle Gem's and Matthew's living arrangement
without knowing the first thing behind the arrangement. You belittled
a mother who seems to love her son very much, and you belittled
Matthew for apparently loving his mother enough to stick through her,
respect her and attempt to support her (financially, physically,
emotionally) through hard times. Gods forbid that a child in this day
and age should RESPECT HIS PARENTS, right?

Were you *truly* interested in Matt's "right to privacy" you'd email
Gem privately and mention that possibly she's a little too free with
some personal details that might be better omitted from her posts.

You, madame (and I use the term loosely) need to go back to whatever
hole you crawled from, and crawl right back in. There's enough ****
floating around here the last few days without you blathering along
about yet another subject on which you are woefully ignorant.

With apologies to Dan Akroyd I must say "Jane, you ignorant bitch!"
Just to get it off my chest, you know.

+++++++++++++

Reply to the list as I do not publish an email address to USENET.
This practice has cut my spam by more than 95%.
Of course, I did have to abandon a perfectly good email account...
Old August 18th 05, 10:05 PM
JaneB

"Karen in MN" ask.me.for.my.email.address wrote in message
. net...

"JaneB" wrote in message

I think it's deeply sad to see
someone cheer that her 24-year old son has once again bowed to pressure
put off his adult pursuits to live with and support his mother.

JaneB
is *THAT* clear enough?

Geez, Jane, is Matthew or Gem's personal life really any of your business?
If you're going to complain about people going "off-topic", perhaps you
should refrain from sticking your nose in them.

I don't normally respond to issues like this, but that is really annoying.

Sorry, I took a vow to make it at LEAST uncomfortable everytime she violates
Matthew's privacy anew in a public usenet group. Too bad if that annoys
you. Maybe she'll take it to email.
Janeb
With any luck at all

Old August 18th 05, 10:08 PM
Wooly

On Thu, 18 Aug 2005 15:05:46 -0600, "JaneB" spewed
forth :
With any luck at all

With any luck at all you'll take yourself back to the cesspool from
which you crawled.

+++++++++++++

Old August 18th 05, 10:15 PM
Karen in MN

"JaneB" wrote in message

As it happens, I have a son named Matthew, too.

And have you seen anywhere here presume to tell you how to raise your son?
Or anyone here presume to tell you that they know better than you how to
parent him?

No, I didn't think so.

(You know, if you have nothing to add to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn, there are
other groups that would be more fitting. Perhaps
alt.I.love.my.superiority.complex.)

Old August 18th 05, 10:59 PM
Shillelagh

"JaneB" wrote in message
I think it's deeply sad to see someone cheer that her 24-year old son

has once again bowed to pressure
to put off his adult pursuits to live with and support his mother.

JaneB

Jane that is only your opinion and you should keep it to yourself. Nobody
is telling you how to raise your child(ren), so perhaps you should quit
making judgments on something you know nothing about.

If Gem's posts bother you that much, then for the sake of the rest of us,
please FILTER her. I haven't seen one person here agree with your posts.
Most who post here don't seem to care about off topic posts. Life is too
short to worry about **** like that. If you need help setting up your
filters, I will be glad to help you.

Sorry, I took a vow to make it at LEAST uncomfortable everytime she

violates
Matthew's privacy anew in a public usenet group.

I think it's quite obvious that you aren't sorry. Matthew's privacy is none
of your concern. Most people here don't seem to mind if someone vents about
troubles at home. If you don't like it, don't read this group.

Too bad if that annoys you. Maybe she'll take it to email.

Well Jane, I think you are outnumbered and you are annoying a number of
people here. Please, get off your high horse, or go away. Sadly, you are
becoming an unwelcome troll.

Shelagh

Old August 19th 05, 03:16 AM
enigma

"JaneB" wrote in
:

"JaneB" wrote in message

I think it's deeply sad to see
someone cheer that her 24-year old son has once again
bowed to pressure to
put off his adult pursuits to live with and support his
mother.

JaneB
is *THAT* clear enough?

Geez, Jane, is Matthew or Gem's personal life really any
of your business? If you're going to complain about people
going "off-topic", perhaps you should refrain from
sticking your nose in them.

I don't normally respond to issues like this, but that is
really annoying.

Sorry, I took a vow to make it at LEAST uncomfortable
everytime she violates Matthew's privacy anew in a public
usenet group. Too bad if that annoys you. Maybe she'll
take it to email. Janeb
With any luck at all

why? are you that smug & superior?
i find you just odd. oh, and condesending, patronizing &
rude. don't remember anyone electing you head goddess &
arbeiter

lee maybe i better never mention my son again on here, huh?
--
war is peace
freedom is slavery
Old August 19th 05, 03:18 AM
Matthew Hollands

Wow Julie, that's a lot of different types of Mangoes.... I had no idea
there were that many.

I think I will likely pass on the one that tastes like beef. I doubt that I
would like a fruit that tastes like meat. I expect fruit to be sweet or
tangy, and juicy. ;o)

Thank you for the extra information on Mangoes.

Peace!
Gemini

"Julie-Ann" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi Gemini, Mangoes ROCK!!! (for want of a better word.) There are
several different varieties my fave is Bombay and Julie (yes there is a
Mango my name...no I was not named for the Mango - my Mom will stop the
car in the middle of the road with oncoming traffic to pick up a mango
fallen on the sidewalk from someone's tree - Mom does not like Julie
Mangoes...and yes I was teased at school for my name) because you can
cut them horizontally, take off the top with a screwing motion, get
your favourite spoon and scoop-and-eat to your hearts content. Great
for breakfast!
A list of the mangoes (as much as I can remember):
Julie
Bombay
Number 11 (when they were shipping it in colonial times they didn't
remember where they got it so they named by the number it was listed
under)
East Indian
Hairy (this one leaves conspicuous strands between your teeth)
Beefy (vile Mango, tastes like beef, if I want beef I'll cook it not
pick it)
Haydn
Blackie (has black spots on the outside to show that it's ripe)
Kent
Turpentine
Sweetie-come-brush-me
Robin
Long Mango
There are many other varieties of Mangoes (some by some really strange
names) all of them are sweet...except for Beefy, you can try it don't
let me turn you off it. I don't remember ever tasting the one called
Turpentine (Mom just told me about that one - she's a Mango expert) so
I don't know.

Walk good,
Julie-Ann
Jamaica

Old August 19th 05, 03:26 AM
JaneB

"Shillelagh" wrote in message

"JaneB" wrote in message
[...]

I am happy to be annoying those of you who gossip about Matthew. And you're
one of them.
Shame on you.

JaneB