Learn to Knit CD

Old March 21st 05, 08:07 PM
Brenda Harris

Default Learn to Knit CD

Can anyone tell me of a good Learn-to-knit CD? My 8 year old neice wants to
learn to knit, and because we don't live near each other, I have been
putting her off. BUt I thought that if I could get her started and then send
her home with a CD for her computer, she would be able to manage on her own
until our next visit. Thanks for any suggestions.
Brenda

Old March 22nd 05, 11:30 PM
Carey N.

Brenda,
If your neice has online access, she could try looking at the instructions
at:

http://www.stitchguide.com/stitches/knitting/index.html

HTH,
Carey in MA

Old March 22nd 05, 11:53 PM
Gallagher

Another good online site is http://www.knittinghelp.com/. They have free
online videos or some for purchase.

Abi

Old March 23rd 05, 12:40 AM
jajmd

Brenda Harris wrote:
Can anyone tell me of a good Learn-to-knit CD? My 8 year old neice wants to
learn to knit, and because we don't live near each other, I have been
putting her off. BUt I thought that if I could get her started and then send
her home with a CD for her computer, she would be able to manage on her own
until our next visit. Thanks for any suggestions.
Brenda

Knitting Made Easy from Coats & Clark is pretty helpful. I got mine at
AC Moore, but I think the Herschnerrs has them, too.

Judy
Old March 23rd 05, 12:45 AM
jajmd

Gallagher wrote:
Another good online site is http://www.knittinghelp.com/. They have free
online videos or some for purchase.

Abi

This is a GREAT site - thanks!

Judy
Old March 24th 05, 01:38 AM
Brenda Harris

Thanks Abi. I'll try this site.
Brenda

Old March 25th 05, 01:30 PM
Nunya

I can't speak about the CDs, but I bought a learn to knit kit(Baby Booties
and hat - lion brand), and I learned very easily. It comes with a pattern,
small learn to knit booklet, yarn, needles, and weaving needle. They also
have scarves, and a hat and scarf kit.
Don't know if that helps
Chris

Old March 27th 05, 12:58 AM
Brenda Harris

Thanks everyone for your suggestions for online learn-to knit help. My
neice got along famously - knitting about 5 inches on a 12 stiitch head band
while she was here for Easter dinner. OUr goal is to get goood enough to
make a poncho for a 6 month old friend fo the family. My neice is 'tres'
excited. Thanks again.

Old March 28th 05, 02:10 AM
Carey N.

"Brenda Harris" wrote in message
Thanks everyone for your suggestions for online learn-to knit help. My
neice got along famously - knitting about 5 inches on a 12 stiitch head

band
while she was here for Easter dinner. OUr goal is to get goood enough to
make a poncho for a 6 month old friend fo the family. My neice is 'tres'
excited. Thanks again.

Magnifique.
--
Carey in MA
(who had to look up the above comment, so please don't respond in kind....)

Here are some christmas Patterns Enjoy Warmhands Yarn 0 November 28th 04 05:20 PM
NEW Machine Knit Patterns! Marge Parker Marketplace 0 August 28th 04 01:54 PM
6 Knit Stitch patterns Noreen's Knit*che Yarn 2 January 31st 04 08:27 AM
Knit AND Crochet Michael O'Brien Yarn 4 December 29th 03 10:15 AM
Two things I've knit SuperEeyore Yarn 8 October 6th 03 02:03 AM