V-day present

Old February 14th 05, 05:08 AM
Irrational Number

Default V-day present

DH got me a 9.5" x 9.5" square for
Valentine's Day!

-- Anita --

Old February 14th 05, 05:48 AM
Polly Esther

I got DH some feedsack FQs. He's probably going to get me a new blade for
the chainsaw. We give romantic a new definition. Polly

"Irrational Number" wrote in message
ink.net...
DH got me a 9.5" x 9.5" square for
Valentine's Day!

-- Anita --

Old February 14th 05, 12:21 PM
Kate Dicey

Polly Esther wrote:

I got DH some feedsack FQs. He's probably going to get me a new blade for
the chainsaw. We give romantic a new definition. Polly

"Irrational Number" wrote in message
ink.net...

DH got me a 9.5" x 9.5" square for
Valentine's Day!

-- Anita --

We have a bottle of bubbly in the fridge, cooling for dinner...

http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Click on Kate's Pages and explore!
Old February 14th 05, 01:01 PM
frood

We generally do Valentine's Day for the kids, but give each other a token
card and candy. Since this is also our anniversary, we celebrate that
separately, usually on a different day. Hey, it seemed like a good idea at
the time (18 years ago), but it's impossible to find a sitter, none of the
restaurants take reservations, and flowers cost triple. So, I do have
something planned for next month to celebrate with my favorite Valentine.

--
Wendy
de-fang email address to reply

ink.net...

Old February 14th 05, 03:55 PM
taria

Happy Anniversary Wendy.
Found under my keyboard a few minutes ago was a box of
chocolates with a sweet note.
We are mostly practical around here. Coffee was out of a cool
new red coffeemaker this morning that we bought as a joint
gift.
Taria

Old February 14th 05, 05:20 PM
Sandy Foster

In article . net,
Irrational Number wrote:

DH got me a 9.5" x 9.5" square for
Valentine's Day!

-- Anita --

When the DDs were little, we always got them a little something for
Valentine's Day. DH isn't the romantic type -- never has been -- so he
and I give each other a card and call it done. Can't complain, though --
he's very supportive of my quilting in general all year long!
--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://home.earthlink.net/~sfoster1

AKA Dame Sandy, Minister of Education
Old February 14th 05, 05:58 PM
Julia in MN

For the most part, Valentine's Day has been a "cards-only" occasion for
us. We both just had birthdays, and we're at the point where we don't
usually buy gifts just for the sake of buying gifts. It is a special day
for us though, as that is the day we met (maybe). I started student
teaching 39 years ago today in the school where he was teaching. Neither
of us remembers whether we were actually introduced to each other on
that day, but it's the day we consider to be the anniversary of our meeting.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/

Old February 14th 05, 06:46 PM
Butterfly

Mine picked a bouquet from our gardens yesterday : ) Roses, daffodils and
pinks : ) Yuppers, roses are blooming really 'early' for us this year
YAY!!!!
I'm making his fav dessert with 'cherries'.
Hope you all are having a GREAT HVD
Butterfly

Old February 14th 05, 09:44 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
Ooo, thanks for the reminder; got to have cold bubbly.

Got some beautiful tulips yesterday (told Gene I'd rather
have tulips, then plant the bulbs), he wanted to be early w/ the gift. G
I drove over to Dallas today and took him a rose, then took him
to lunch. He was very pleased.

Ragmop/Sandy--who came straight home, did not pass any
quilt shops on the way --I did it all for Love!
(besides, there's a pkg. due from Denver Fabrics g)