What is on your list?

Old October 29th 04, 03:50 AM
Katherine

spampot wrote:
Laura J wrote:
Hi everyone,

My mother has asked for a Christmas list from me. I have already
added the ball winder/shift that someone suggested to someone
looking for a present for his knitting wife a couple of months ago.
I also just HAVE to get my hands on Vogue Knitting! But that got me
wondering what other kinds of things all you yarn fiends covet?

So, what yarn-related gifts are on your list this year?

LauraJ

Oh gosh...the only yarn-related gift I'd dare ask for is another
closet built onto the house to hold my stash and WIPs!! But...if
I ever reform, I'd like a swift and ball-winder too!!

I need that, too! LOL

Katherine

Old October 29th 04, 05:55 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Katherine"
wrote:

Laura J wrote:
Hi everyone,

My mother has asked for a Christmas list from me. I have already
added the ball winder/shift that someone suggested to someone looking
for a present for his knitting wife a couple of months ago. I also
just HAVE to get my hands on Vogue Knitting! But that got me
wondering what other kinds of things all you yarn fiends covet?

So, what yarn-related gifts are on your list this year?

Good needles. I am thinking specifically of some (gasp!) Addi turbo
circulars.

Katherine

Katherine, I just heard from a friend, that there are now circular
knitting needles for sale where you can change the length of the wire for
one size needles. Sorry, I can't remember the brand name, but I bet that
someone here may have heard about them and will tell us. You buy the
whole set and it is not cheap, but you do not have to buy all different
length any more of one size needle. I never seem to have the right
length, most of the time I have the correct size, but only need a wire for
say 30 st and I have one that will hold 60. I am going to look into that
one for Christmas when the kids ask what I want. The other tooli want is
for the garden....I want a pair of good garden snips, Mine always come
apart.....:=(( or worse I loose them.....LOL

Els

--
hate spam not welcome
Old October 29th 04, 06:15 AM
JudyTurpin

Oh gosh...the only yarn-related gift I'd dare ask for is another closet
built onto the house to hold my stash and WIPs!! But...if I ever
reform, I'd like a swift and ball-winder too!!
I picked up a plastic three drawer cabinet on wheels that rolls under the
counter that my sewing machine sits on and holds yarn. It was at JoAnns. I
could really use two or three more. I can see my DH roll his eyes when I admit
I could fill three of these with yarn right now.

BRBR

JCT
Old October 29th 04, 12:38 PM
BonnieBlue

Two books: Kids Knitting and Folk Bags.
A smaller lap frame (K's Creations) for my embroidery.

--
BonnieBlue

WIPs:
EGA's English Band Sampler ICC
Knitted Cardigan
Knitted Amish Throw

Commit random acts of literacy! Read & Release at
http://www.bookcrossing.com/friend/BonnieBlue

Old October 29th 04, 12:50 PM
BDS2pds

Folk Bags

I have the Folk Shawls and Folk Vests and love them, particularly the latter.
Old October 29th 04, 01:29 PM
Kirsten Procter

In article ,
NoraBalcer wrote:
Hi Kirsten,

You may also want to add the Knitting a Day Calendar too. Next year 2006 there
will also be a crochet version.

Is that a similar idea, or is it small projects to make in a day? The
crochet sounds good, I really should put some effort into learning to
crochet something other than plauin granny squares, lovely as they are.

Kirsten
--
Kirsten Procter ghoti
Current projects; 2 blankets, various gifts

Old October 29th 04, 02:27 PM
Rbnjpeters

Hi Im with you I wish I had more storage. I havent read through these in a long
time . How nice to see others who are as inspired and crazy as I am .
Old October 29th 04, 02:54 PM
mejane

I remember reading on this group a number of years ago that
some people had the kits with a detachable wire, different
sized needles which attached onto a wire. I can't remember
if they had different lengths but I know it was at a time
when I saw the kits in a magazine and wanted one. Everyone
said where the needle attached to the wire caused the wool
to catch and was annoying. Also, the wire would come off as
the join would come loose. So, even though I always work
with circular needles, I want to hear from people how these
new, expensive kits work before I buy.

Jane in Toronto

Old October 29th 04, 03:19 PM
Laura J

I've just acquired four (well, three and one on the way) of the Vogue
Knitting on the Go books and am seized with an urge to collect the set. So
those are on the list. I've also had this pattern on my list for a
while: http://www.onceuponapattern.com//p420.html And the perpetual
calendar with a different stitch for each day
(http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg...4325?vi=glance)

Crochet for Dummies is on their, and the Stitch 'n' Bitch books, and a
couple of other knitting-related (but not pattern) books; so, basically,
books.

I guess I'd quite like some of the self-patterning sock yarn that I'll
never justify buying for myself, too, but that probably wouldn't go on a
list I'd actually show to people.

Actually, I still feel kind of self-conscious about showing people my
wishlist; but because people sometimes ask me for a list, I have one
prepared that can be seen if they ask.

Kirsten
--
Kirsten Procter ghoti
Current projects; 2 blankets, various gifts

I'm a little self-concious of my list too since it seems like everything on
it is yarn-related (I tend to get a little obsessive about new hobbies).
Anyway, which of the Vogue Knitting on the Go books do you have? I borrowed
one of the baby ones from the library and just finished the beach baby
outfit. It is pretty cute, if I may say so myself! It is intended as a
baby gift for friends due in December but now I'm tempted to keep it (not
that I would be needing it for quite some time! LOL!). There are a couple
of other patterns in that book I'm tempted by as well. Have you tried any
of them?

LauraJ