Bernina: Used 1530 vs new 220

Old December 22nd 07, 09:26 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Pogonip[_2_]

Default Bernina: Used 1530 vs new 220

Julia in MN wrote:
I put mine on the floor between the seats. It can't move much there,
especially if I push the front seat back against it.

Julia in MN

You do want it secure, though. Consider that in a 30 mph crash, which
is not very fast - not freeway speed - the car stops, but the sewing
machine continues moving forward at 30 mph. That seat had better be
well-anchored and substantial.
--
Joanne
stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us.earth.milky-way.com
Old December 23rd 07, 08:44 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting, rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
[email protected]

On Dec 21, 11:27*am, Sandy wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
* It does not have a presser foot pressure adjustment, but I think
that is also missing on the Auroras.

The Auroras (430/440) *do* have a pressure adjustment for the feet.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the obvious)http://www.sandymike.net

Thanks! I looked on the Bernina web site, but did not see that info.
I went back this morning and see that the brochures do say, "Display
of Presser Foot Pressure, Presser Foot, Feed Dog, Stitch Symbol,
etc". I glanced over it too quickly the other day.

Bev in TX
Old December 23rd 07, 09:09 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting, rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
[email protected]

On Dec 21, 8:49*am, Sally Swindells
wrote:
...portion snipped ...
I was only on my second quilt when I got my Janome 6500 (superceded by

6600) and wouldn't change it for the world.
... portion snipped...

So many quilters like the Janome 6500/6600 and have no problems with
them. However, I had severe problems with two different Janome
machines.

I had a MC 6500P, which developed problems right after the warranty
ran out -- it would not even sew. They tried several times to fix it
locally, but failed to do so, even with Janome's phone assistance. I
ended up sending it in to Janome to be fixed. They sent it back with
the original problem fixed, but a new problem, which again could not
be fixed locally. Back it went again and they finally fixed it. I no
longer have that machine. My LQS was nice enough to pay for one of
the shipment costs, even though I was responsible for all of the work
and shipping fees on this machine.

I purchased an MC 10001 just a few months after I got the 6500. I had
severe, but sporadic, problems with the tension from the time it was
new. They were sometimes able to duplicate the problem at my LQS, at
which I purchased the machine. Again, they could not fix it locally
after trying to do so several times. It was sent to Janome, and it
came back in the same condition. After much more to-do and several
more attempts to fix it locally, it was again sent back to Janome.
That time they replaced the entire head -- no more severe tension
issues! I still have this machine, but seldom use it.

I know that many quilters just love their Janome 6500/6600s, but I am
now gun shy.

No doubt there are those who could tell of similar horror stories with
Berninas, but I have had no problems with mine.

Bev in TX
Old December 23rd 07, 05:27 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
MB

Yup...tank is the right word and it is such a great machine !!! Just hums
so nicely !!1

Snipped:

"Taria" . My Bernie 930 really has spoiled
me for tough! It is kind of like a tank.
Taria

Old December 23rd 07, 06:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting,rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
Sandy

In article
,
" wrote:

On Dec 21, 11:27*am, Sandy wrote:
In article
,

" wrote:
* It does not have a presser foot pressure adjustment, but I think
that is also missing on the Auroras.

The Auroras (430/440) *do* have a pressure adjustment for the feet.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
sw.foster1 (at) gmail (dot) com (remove/change the
obvious)http://www.sandymike.net

Thanks! I looked on the Bernina web site, but did not see that info.
I went back this morning and see that the brochures do say, "Display
of Presser Foot Pressure, Presser Foot, Feed Dog, Stitch Symbol,
etc". I glanced over it too quickly the other day.

Bev in TX

It's easy to overlook things, Bev. G No harm done.

--
Sandy in Henderson, near Las Vegas
http://www.sandymike.net

Bernina: Used 1530 vs new 220 [email protected] Quilting 37 December 23rd 07 06:33 PM
Bernina 440 QE WitchyStitcher Quilting 6 January 18th 06 01:16 AM
Help, new Bernina 155 Polly Esther Quilting 9 May 12th 04 09:33 PM
Bernina 155? Polly Esther Quilting 10 May 5th 04 04:46 AM
Bernina 930 help? KCK Quilting 7 February 10th 04 03:19 PM