9/11, sewing, and off topic thoughts

Old September 15th 04, 08:28 PM
Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH to reply

Tom Farrell wrote:

I think next time you want to ask someone for more information, you
may want to try being a bit more polite about it, and simply ask for
more information instead of phrasing it as a demand for proof. You'll
catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I.E.Z. is not deserving
of your accusatory tone.

I think you may be reading more into what I said that what I did say. I
was, indeed, making a polite request. I most sincerely, humbly, and
contritely apologize if you or anybody else mis-read my tone as being
accusatory, because honest, I wasn't meaning to be so. And I think that
people who know my public posting posting habits would probably vouch
for the fact that although I don't always use the right words, my
intentions are never malicious, mean, spiteful, etc.

--
Where no oxen are, the crib is clean,
But much benefit is derived from the labor of the ox.
Old September 15th 04, 08:30 PM

Tom Farrell wrote:

I think next time you want to ask someone for more information, you
may want to try being a bit more polite about it, and simply ask for
more information instead of phrasing it as a demand for proof. You'll
catch more flies with honey than with vinegar. I.E.Z. is not deserving
of your accusatory tone.

P.S. Lest you forget who I am, I am the person who you thanked for
disagreeing with you so politely (see quote below). If I was so full of
venom as you might think, I would have come out with both barrels at you.

The post which I am referring to:

(snip)
Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH to reply wrote:

It would be an awful country if everybody here agreed 100% with
everything, though.

Amen.

Thank you for disagreeing with me politely.

Tom

Old September 15th 04, 08:32 PM
Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH to reply

Pogonip wrote:

I wonder if I could whip up a portable curtain unit before the general
election.

Or maybe you can carry a parasol to protect yourself from excessive
exposure

Old September 15th 04, 08:32 PM
Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH to reply

Karen Maslowski wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the reason for the openness is so that hackers with
evildoing on their minds don't go into the curtained roomlet, whip out a
portable, flexible keyboard, hack into the system, and change millions
of votes in one fell swoop. I saw a piece on one of the news shows that
illustrated this (or heard it on the radio, can't remember which). The
portable keyboard rolls up, tucks inside a sleeve, and makes it
ridiculously easy for security to be breached.

My son has one of those keyboards, and you are right, it would be really
easy to do that.

Old September 15th 04, 08:45 PM
small change

Karen Maslowski wrote:

I'm pretty sure that the reason for the openness is so that hackers
with evildoing on their minds don't go into the curtained roomlet,
whip out a portable, flexible keyboard, hack into the system, and
change millions of votes in one fell swoop. I saw a piece on one of
the news shows that illustrated this (or heard it on the radio,
can't remember which). The portable keyboard rolls up, tucks inside
a sleeve, and makes it ridiculously easy for security to be breached.

My son has one of those keyboards, and you are right, it would be
really easy to do that.

I suspect that when ( notice I don't say if) someone hacks into a
computerized voting system, it will be on a much larger scale than a hacker
in a voting booth.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3825143/
http://www.gcn.com/vol1_no1/daily-updates/26826-1.html

penny s

Old September 15th 04, 09:00 PM
teleflora

"Melinda Meahan - remove TRASH to reply" wrote in
message ...
Pogonip wrote:

I wonder if I could whip up a portable curtain unit before the general
election.

Or maybe you can carry a parasol to protect yourself from excessive
exposure

--

Sigh. In this day and age, a parasol would probably be considered a deadly
weapon! :-)

Cindy

Old September 16th 04, 09:04 AM
Pogonip

Pogonip wrote:

I wonder if I could whip up a portable curtain unit before the general
election.

Or maybe you can carry a parasol to protect yourself from excessive
exposure

I can see it now - a ruffled parasol with my denim pants
and chambray shirt, and my hair cut to 1/2 inch. Oh, and
my Birkenstocks. A senior citizen fashion plate.

--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/

Old September 16th 04, 02:26 PM
CNYstitcher

I'm keeping this for when I get to a certain age....lol I like the
visual it gave me, and it fits my sense of humor as well....but, I have
to add a Harley Davidson vest, just to be ornery

Old September 17th 04, 04:33 AM
Poohma

Pogonip wrote:

I wonder if I could whip up a portable curtain unit before the general
election.

Or maybe you can carry a parasol to protect yourself from excessive
exposure

I can see it now - a ruffled parasol with my denim pants
and chambray shirt, and my hair cut to 1/2 inch. Oh, and
my Birkenstocks. A senior citizen fashion plate.

--

Joanne @ stitches @ singerlady.reno.nv.us
http://bernardschopen.tripod.com/
Life is about the journey, not about the destination.

Tie-dye till I die! And my trusty "Jerusalem Cruisers of course... Once a
hippie, always a hippie!
--
The Vegas Beth P
(STILL missing Georgia)

Old September 27th 04, 04:20 PM
Johanna Gibson

On 13 Sep 2004 16:08:10 -0700, (Tom Farrell)
wrote:

Here's the results I got from about 20 seconds of research:

http://gadflyer.com/articles/?ArticleID=202

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...l=968350060724

http://www.thestar.com/NASApp/cs/Con...l=968350060724

http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journal...al/9461132.htm

http://www.salon.com/opinion/blument.../index_np.html

That last article includes some of the text of the oath:
"I, (full name) . . . do herby (sic) endorse George W. Bush for
reelection of the United States."
It also includes:
"In signing the above endorsement you are consenting to use and
release of your name by Bush-Cheney as an endorser of President Bush."

*snip*

Tom

I'd just like to point out that not even the Queen of England
demands anyone to swear an oath of fealty, and she is head of a royal
family (if only a figure head). Do people in the US want a King? Is
George Bush royalty?

-- Jo in Scotland
-- Jo in Scotland