OFF TOPIC - voted

Old November 4th 08, 12:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Cheryl Isaak

Default OFF TOPIC - voted

Left around 6:50 AM, about 10 minutes after the DH, but went the "back
way". Saw the traffic issues on the main drag, parked in the church lot down
the street, cut behind the church and one of the elementary schools and was
there for the doors to open. Second person in line to vote in my section of
the alphabet. Voted, got in line to turn in the ballot and walked back to my
car.

Don't know where the DH is in the process, but as least I got a chance to
get a load of wash in before I have to go to work.

Cheryl

Old November 4th 08, 02:35 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Rick[_3_]

On Nov 4, 7:47*am, Cheryl Isaak wrote:
Left around 6:50 AM, *about 10 minutes after the DH, but went the "back
way". Saw the traffic issues on the main drag, parked in the church lot down
the street, cut behind the church and one of the elementary schools and was
there for the doors to open. Second person in line to vote in my section of
the alphabet. Voted, got in line to turn in the ballot and walked back to my
car. *

Don't know where the DH is in the process, but as least I got a chance to
get a load of wash in before I have to go to work.

Cheryl

I thought I got to my township hall early this morning before work.
However, everyone else was thinking the same thing. There were at
least 15 people ahead of me and our small parking lot was packed. I
had to park on the lawn. Nobody cares too much about parking on the
lawns in the country.

DW was to vote sometime this morning. I'm hoping the line wasn't too
long for her.

Rick
Old November 4th 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

There were a ton of cars in the lot, but it ran smoothly and I was in
and out in five minutes.

While walking into the office, I saw a lot of "I Voted" stickers being
sported.

Linda
Old November 4th 08, 02:52 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Lucille[_3_]

"lewmew" wrote in message
There were a ton of cars in the lot, but it ran smoothly and I was in
and out in five minutes.

While walking into the office, I saw a lot of "I Voted" stickers being
sported.

Linda

I voted last week. Even then we waited in line for an hour before we got
in, but at least I was done.

Lucille

Old November 4th 08, 03:44 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Gillian Murray

Rick wrote:
[...]

We just got back from voting in our little community. I have never seen
so many cars outside the church, or so many voting booths. I think there
are usually four or five, and there were about 12 today. It didn't take
long, we had to wait for a couple of folk to leave, before we got to our
little booths, and the same to put the ballot in the scanner machine.
Very quick and efficient, overall.

And, YES, that is in Florida; nary a hanging chad in sight! I hope it is
the same way everywhere!

Gill

I Voted Donna Needlework 88 November 17th 06 09:56 AM
On topic, large sigh, a little shopping advice please ( a littleoff topic too) Cheryl Isaak Needlework 7 November 24th 04 11:24 AM
I Voted! nbhilyard Quilting 17 November 3rd 04 01:41 PM
quilting for today on topic-off topic-back to on topic (and long) CNYstitcher Quilting 2 August 29th 03 06:28 PM
Voted Sonya Cirillo Yarn 0 July 21st 03 08:33 PM