What color is Soie d'Alger 2222?

Old November 3rd 08, 06:30 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Debbie Rice

Default What color is Soie d'Alger 2222?

What color is Soie d'Alger 2222 (in color of DMC, Anchor, Kreinik silks,
Needlepoint Inc Silk, Splendor or any other thread color number)?

I know all silks aren't the same but I like supporting local shops who don't
carry or carry very little of the Soie d'Alger so I would like to substitute
another silk they do carry in my Indigo Rose pattern. Like Needplepoint Inc
and Au ver a soie and dislike silk Mori. I do have color substitutions for
the other three colors of Soie d' Alger.

Old November 3rd 08, 07:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Jeanine3

On Nov 3, 10:30*am, "Debbie Rice" wrote:
What color is Soie d'Alger 2222 (in color of DMC, Anchor, Kreinik silks,
Needlepoint Inc Silk, Splendor or any other thread color number)?

I know all silks aren't the same but I like supporting local shops who don't
carry or carry very little of the Soie d'Alger so I would like to substitute
another silk they do carry in my Indigo Rose pattern. *Like Needplepoint Inc
and Au ver a soie and dislike silk Mori. *I do have color substitutions for
the other three colors of Soie d' Alger.

I find "Olive Drab Ultra Light" he
http://www.needleartworks.com/thread/auver/soie3.htm

HTH,
Jeanine in Canada
Old November 4th 08, 04:40 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
Debbie Rice

Any clue what color number this corresponds to in another line of
thread/silk?

Old November 4th 08, 05:42 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.needlework
lewmew

On Nov 4, 10:40*am, "Debbie Rice" wrote:
Any clue what color number this corresponds to in another line of
thread/silk?

I didn't find an exact match, but this chart:

http://www.scarlet-letter.com/title/...conversion.htm

indicates 2225 is DMC 831

Here's a conversion to Kreinik, but they didn't even list 2222

http://www.kreinik.com/PDF/ssda_conversion.pdf

This long link says 2223 is close to S1106

http://www.needlepointers.com/displa...endorJan06.pdf

HTH!

Linda

Need help with color. Jane Zoerb Quilting 24 May 10th 08 05:25 PM
Color Run Pat in Virginia Quilting 11 February 14th 07 02:40 PM
More on color Theresa Needlework 5 August 9th 05 11:58 PM
Ad - New Desert Dreamer Auctions COLOR COLOR COLOR Karen_AZ Beads 7 November 30th 04 04:00 PM
Kreinik Yard Sale - Soie Noppee Bonnie Needlework 1 February 23rd 04 03:35 PM