Two things I've knit

Old October 2nd 03, 07:35 PM
SuperEeyore

Default Two things I've knit

So I took some pictures yesterday. The first three are of the blanket I
knit for Juliet when I was pregnant with her. That's how I learned to knit,
pattern from Vogue on the go - baby blankets. And some how to knit book
from the library. It was knit in four triangles, bobbled edge first. The
first triangle was the hardest, I restarted many times!

http://webs.lanset.com/monkeylove/knit/knit2.jpg
http://webs.lanset.com/monkeylove/knit/knit3.jpg
http://webs.lanset.com/monkeylove/knit/knit4.jpg
http://webs.lanset.com/monkeylove/knit/knit5.jpg

And this is a dishcloth knit from kitchen cotton

http://webs.lanset.com/monkeylove/knit/knit1.jpg

Laurel

Old October 2nd 03, 07:45 PM
Aud

You impress me, Laurel!!
Is THIS how you learned to knit!?!
You must have got lots and lots of patience!
AUD ;-)))

--

"SuperEeyore" skrev i melding

Old October 2nd 03, 07:47 PM
SuperEeyore

Aud wrote:
You impress me, Laurel!!
Is THIS how you learned to knit!?!
You must have got lots and lots of patience!
AUD ;-)))

Yep, that blanket was my first project. In the book it was classified as
"Experienced knitters" That first triangle with the row of bobbles gave me
the worst time, but after eight tries of ripping out stitched I figured it
out. What can I say, it was my nesting urge for that pregnancy. I'm pretty
proud of it, even though it doesn't lay flat and I didn't bother researching
how to stitch it together!

Laurel

Old October 2nd 03, 08:18 PM
Aud

I guess you are not afraid of anything about knitting after that! LOL!
That is an advantage, isn't it?!
AUD ;-))

Old October 2nd 03, 08:46 PM
NoraBalcer

Laurel,

That is beautiful and who cares how it lays. I sure wouldn't, and to think I
learned to knit mittens first.

Hugs,

nora

Old October 2nd 03, 09:10 PM
SuperEeyore

Janise Ross wrote:
Lovely work, Laurel. Thanks for sharing with us. How old is Juliet
now?

Janise

17 months old.

Laurel

Old October 3rd 03, 03:16 PM
Karen

WOW -- that's really impressive! Beautiful work -- it's hard to believe
that was a first project!

Karen in MN