OT-sort of - Scorch removal help

Old January 20th 05, 10:25 PM
Marlys in Indiana

Default OT-sort of - Scorch removal help

Since all of you gals are so brilliant and talented in so many ways of
quilting and ways of the world, I really need help.
Did I butter you up enough???? I really am at my wits end - and it does
take a lot for me to reach that point.
I just put together a quilt top for one of my grandsons and was about to put
it away for the day, and noticed that I have at least 6 scorch spots (on the
lightest colored fabric, of course). I know someone at sometime had
mentioned ways to remove scorch marks from fabric but I didn't save the
message since that just NEVER happens to me. Yeah, right!! :-((
The iron has already been replaced, but I'm trying to keep from having to
tear parts of the quilt apart and replacing the pieces that got the nasty
scorch marks - a couple of them are really bad, and I doubt that they can be
salvaged. (Moan!!)
Any and all advice would be so much appreciated.
TIA
Marlys in Indiana with a very upside down smile, until I hear some
encouraging words from someone.

--

http://community.webshots.com/user/marletts

Old January 21st 05, 02:18 AM
Polly Esther

I am a card-carrying honorary member of Scorcher's Anonymous. Please do
test this first on scraps of the fabric you've scorched. Plain old peroxide
has always worked just fine for me. Sometimes it takes a 2nd or 3rd try. I'm
talking about the brown bottle from the First Aid kit, absolutely Not the
stuff some "natural" blondes use to enhance their dark roots.
Buttering us up is really not necessary; warm and fuzzy but not
required. HTH Polly

Marlys wrote Since all of you gals are so brilliant and talented in so

Old January 21st 05, 02:48 AM
Marlys in Indiana

Thanks Polly. Definitely going to try that before I pull out the old seam
ripper.
BTW: I think all of you gals really are pretty wise in the ways of quilting
and
appreciate all of your advise, even though I have been sewing for lo these
many
58 yrs. Can always learn something new, and I'm willing to learn. ;-)
Marlys in Indiana

ink.net...

Old January 21st 05, 04:50 AM
Sharon Harper

Have to say this happened to me too and I incorporated it. Did it while I
was iron-on interfacing a butterfly and left the iron down too long. Looked
long and hard and the pattern left was sort of like the pattern on a b'flys
wings. So I made a few more. Looked good. Kept it. Perfect Design
Element.

--
Sharon from Melbourne Australia
Queen of Down Under