Treadles on SQ 1/20/05

Old January 21st 05, 04:36 PM
Diana Curtis

There is a saying I usually save for a parent who isnt sure they have room
for yet another baby, but it fits for most anything. "where there is room in
the heart there is room in the home". I didnt think that there was room in
this small space for 6 sewing machines and a serger. There is. And if
another machine looked at me the right way I would find room for it too.
Some folks cant resist cats who come calling, I cant resist nice looking
machines.

Diana

--
Weird people need beads, too
"Kellie J. Berger" wrote in message
. com...
erm... one 1940's White is in the guest room under the window - makes a

good
spot to hold suitcases, and the cabinet blends in with G'mas furniture...
the other White is DH's night stand.... G'ma's singer and cabinet are in

the
living room against a wall holding up some photos and lookin nice....
the Janome is on a table in the studio where it gets used and the heavy
green Kenmore is under the table where the Janome is, waiting for a table

of
it's own so the kiddos can use it next to me....

-- Kellie
kjbeanne at yahoo dot com
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/berger....net/my_photos

Old January 21st 05, 05:42 PM
taria

Well, I don't look at machines like babies. We collect radios and
sewing machines. It got to the point where I wasn't enjoying them
because we fit too many in and they just looked cluttered. For me I
have gotten pickier about what I will bring home and more willing to let
go of some so the collection always changes. The treadle I got on my
10th Christmas will always be here. Grandma's FW and the centennial
DH gave me will stay along with my Bernina 930 but most eveything else
is subject to change. I do try to find things good homes though
Taria

Old January 21st 05, 06:36 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
RQ keeps one in the bigger bathroom.
So convenient.
Mine move around; right now, I like the way the old treadle looks
in the front (living) room. There's a Singer in cabinet on the landing
at the top of the stairs, outside the bedrooms. Sometimes it's in
the back room (den) where it serves double duty as an end table,
same for in the bedroom. Fits in the breakfast room,
looks good in front of a window in the dining room, my favorite place to
sew,
and someday may even move to the green room w/ the quilting and craft
books...could happen. g

Ragmop/Sandy

"Pat in Virginia" wrote in message
What I'd love to know is WHERE people keep so many SM, especially those in
cabinets. My house is not small, and there are only two of us home now.
Even so, I do not know where I'd place more cabinets SM. I have two
already. I could fit one in the guest room, but I was thinking of adding a
stash cabinet to that corner. My Quilting Studio is across the hall from
GR, so that could be Stash Annex. G
PAT