A Quick Update - Some OT

Old January 18th 05, 02:45 PM
Denise Jameson in Ontario

Oh Nana, what a rough time you are having. Just know we are thinking
of you and sending prayers and good thoughts your way, for a quick
recovery for all of you!

hugs,

Denise in Ontario, Canada
Old January 18th 05, 06:27 PM
Patti

Hullo Nana
I'm sure you've thought of this - but, just in case by any chance you
haven't: when my Dad was having similar problems with fluid, he found it
much, much easier to sleep sitting up. He sometimes banked up pillows
in bed, with a blanket also round his shoulders; but often he would stay
up in his reclining chair. Lying down is most uncomfortable in this
situation.
So sorry things are going from bad to worse for the moment.
..
In article , NanaV
writes
It was a bit over a week ago I took a self-imposed time off to try and deal
with stuff in my life. I just wanted to stop in and say "hi" before
disappearing again.
My treatment was horrific. A lot of serious issues came up that I'm still
trying to recover from. The biggest at the moment is fluid "backed up"
apparently and overloaded the system and ended up in the lungs. They had to
drain one lung and I'm on antibiotics now. When I do get to rest, I really
can't sleep between it being hard to breath and really painful. The meds I
can take (that don't interact with either other medical issues and other
meds) really don't do more than take the edge off. Oh well - this too will
pass.

I have been thinking of you all and I hope you are all well and happy and
sewing up a storm. I hope to be REALLY back soon. In the meantime, just
remember me please.

--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 18th 05, 08:23 PM
Kate Dicey

---------------------------8--------------------------

I have been thinking of you all and I hope you are all well and happy and
sewing up a storm. I hope to be REALLY back soon. In the meantime, just
remember me please.

Take care there! You have a lot to contend with and need all your
strength. Sending ((((((HUGS)))))) and stuff to help cuddle you better!
--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 20th 05, 10:28 PM
Donna

Prayers for you from Louisiana.

--
Donna in NE La.
"NanaV" NanaV@-nospam-net wrote in message
It was a bit over a week ago I took a self-imposed time off to try and
deal
with stuff in my life. I just wanted to stop in and say "hi" before
disappearing again.

I'm about to put the label on the anniversary quilt. Thankfully there
wasn't much to finish up and I have been able to whip stitch the binding.
Thanks to the genius that suggested placing it on the table (I have a
large
bed table - like an artist type) to get the bulk off my arms and allow me
sew with less fatigue. It looks as if it will be finished on time. If it
isn't, at least it can be presented and then the label sewed on later.

I'm still trying to maintain my parents - with almost no support from my
brother who does as little as possible while carrying on as much as
possible. My DH is trying hard to take the full weight off me but then my
DM gets upset because my brother "said he'll take care of ...." and she
gets
protective of her baby (and at 49 he still is - THAT'S the trouble!!). My
dad isn't doing too well which upsets me greatly since - before my
treatment
when I was doing more of the cooking, etc. - he was eating better and
feeling better. Now we're back to square one.

OT - quick update KDK Beads 6 July 18th 04 09:13 PM
Quick visit and update -- mostly on-topic Lee S. Billings Beads 5 May 11th 04 04:17 AM
quick update on baby and quilt! julia sidebottom Quilting 1 March 10th 04 03:55 AM
Quick update on Karlee Jalynne Quilting 18 September 3rd 03 09:51 PM