Completed at last!

Old January 16th 05, 06:05 PM
Patti

Thank you all so very much for all the terrific things you have said
about my math quilts. I am going round with a soppy grin on my face -
can't 'shut it up' yet! I really truly appreciate what you have all
said. I am chuffed and excited. I will go through the messages again
and note down your questions and answer them all together tomorrow
perhaps.
Thank you again for taking time to look and let me have such a morale
boost at your reactions.
--
Best Regards
pat on the hill
Old January 16th 05, 06:40 PM
Kathryn Walker

Wow, Amazing! is the word that comes to mind. A truly splendid body of
work.

Kathryn in Mi

Old January 16th 05, 06:41 PM
Carolyn McCarty

Those are some splendid quilts!

--
Carolyn in The Old Pueblo

If it ain't broke, you aren't trying. --Red Green

If at first you don't succeed, switch to power tools --Red Green

"Patti" wrote in message
Hullo everyone
Some of you will have noticed references, over the past couple of years!,
to a set of mathematical quilts I have been making. I have had some great
encouragement from here and I now want to share with you my delight that
it is all done. I delivered the quilts to the organisers of the
exhibition last Monday. DH and I photographed them the day before, and he
has now put them onto their own page in our website. I understand that
colours vary from computer to computer, so they may not be exact to the
fabric, but they are near enough for you to get the effect, I hope. Also,
the one representing the Fibonacci series has a slightly wavy edge! That
is because I quickly pinned back the binding and took the photograph on
the morning of my departure! I sewed down the binding and the hanging
sleeve in the hotel that evening g. I have had the 'Snowflake' quilt -
the centrepiece of this collection on the site for six months, so you may
have seen that one. The other twelve are all just under 24" square
(though they are not all square!). I used a lot of variegated thread (and
self colour thread) for quilting, so most of it is invisible!) That's
funny really, because, although usually I shy away from the quilting, I
actually enjoyed this 'lot' and some of it looks quite pleasing g.
The place to get to the 'mathematicals' on their own is:
www.quik.clara.co.uk/quilts4
Our website as a whole is:
www.quik.clara.co.uk,
and there is a highlighted bit on the home page to get to them. Whatever
you prefer.
If anyone has any question on their construction, or anything, do feel
free to e-mail me. My address is OK at the top here.
--
Best Regards
pat on the hill

Old January 16th 05, 07:23 PM
muse9

WOW! Those are wonderful! Thank you for sharing!

Bonnie in Missouri

http://community.webshots.com/user/bonnied9

delete "removespam" to reply

Old January 16th 05, 08:23 PM
georg

Oh my.

-georg
Old January 16th 05, 09:52 PM
DrQuilter

wonderful! my favourites a reflective symmetry, penrose triangles and
translucency. I am sending the link to my DH who is a little bit of a
nerd and will appreciate them....

Patti wrote:

[...]

(take the dog out before replying)
Old January 16th 05, 09:54 PM
DrQuilter

oh, yeah, and DH wants to know if you used Mathematica to design them...

Old January 16th 05, 10:39 PM
Tamara

I can't remember if oh my was taken. They are breath taking.

Tamara

Patti wrote:

Hullo everyone
Some of you will have noticed references, over the past couple of
years!, to a set of mathematical quilts I have been making. I have
had some great encouragement from here and I now want to share with
you my delight that it is all done. I delivered the quilts to the
organizers of the exhibition last Monday. DH and I photographed them

Old January 16th 05, 10:39 PM
Dee in Oz

They are fantastic. Excellent work. Snail mail address on request.
Dee in Oz