GROUP use of Amazing Box to convert FREE design downloads???

Old January 25th 04, 12:12 AM
Linda

Default GROUP use of Amazing Box to convert FREE design downloads???

It is really frustrating to have a Janome 9000 -- able to use MOST
of the bells and whistles that the other 'big' embroidery machines
have --
but the .sew format and wierd-sized disk they use (not a small floppy
and
not a CD), makes life really difficult! There are all these designs
on the
Net that you can download -- free -- especially those associated with
all the quilting and sewing programs and manufacturer's web sites --
but it has to be something you can put on a floppy or CD.

Now, I know there is a $400 toy that you can use to convert one format
another..... and I know that there IS a copyright question -- BUT --
if
these designs are offered FREE on the Net for the download, why can't
we
somehow figure out how to convert the formats to ones we can use? It
seems
like we ought to be able to have a friend do it for us -- or that
someone
should offer the service. After all, how many of us can afford the
$400
Amazing Box to do it....especially if we only do 'big' embroidery
projects
occasionally !?!

Can we form a "Project Download Conversion Help' group -- or go
together
with embroidery machine groups that would help? I'd be glad to pay
for the
service -- or for the copy of the FREE download in my format (.sew) --
if
the service was available.

Can someone comment or point me in a direction to start inquiring???
I know
there are a zillion machine embroiders, quilters, etc., out there
would
would love to have something like this available!

Maybe a sewing/embroidery group in one area could 'go together' and
get an
Amazing Box for club members to use.... or???? Ideas? Anywhere to
point me
here in Omaha???
Old January 25th 04, 12:39 AM
DMOscarson

Actually, the Amazing Box is available for $199 at Nancy's Notions (and other
places). I have one that I use with my MC 8000 and love it. It's great and
well worth the investment when you consider the prices of the embroidery cards
or disks.

Debbie in MN
Old January 25th 04, 12:54 AM
Don/Gen

Embird. Goggle it and you will get to their site. Free download for 30 day
trial, and it's only $60-70 to purchase. Wonderful program. It does loads
of things, but so far I've used it mostly to unzip designs and convert them.
It converts all formats so fast it's amazing. Well worth the money if all
you do is convert. There are thousands of free designs out there. Write me
off the group if you need more help.
Gen

m...

Old January 25th 04, 01:18 AM
Pati Cook

Many of the designs are available in many formats. You download to your
computer but need your machine software and "reader-writer" hardware to
put it on the disk that your machine uses.

Pati, in Phx

Many free Disney design Ded Needlework 3 July 3rd 04 12:53 AM
New free embroidery design of little lamb added to freebies archive Anna & Polina Marketplace 0 March 20th 04 04:59 PM
Several free stockings projects & free Christmas embroidery design Anna & Polina Needlework 0 November 21st 03 11:02 AM