hand-dyed gradations

Old December 21st 03, 03:47 PM
bugnut

Default hand-dyed gradations

Where's a good place to order hand dyed gradations? You know.....those sets
of gorgeous hand-dyed fat quarters that go through several shades of one
color?

I'm looking for a mauve/red violet gradation and another gradation that goes
from bright yellow to rich brown. I'd like them to be are fairly
solid ----- not too spotty or streaky
looking. I know about Cherrywood fabrics www.cherrywoodfabrics.com/
& Janet Smith http://www.textileart.com/

Thanks for pointing me to other mail-order businesses!

Peyton

Old December 21st 03, 04:10 PM
Mtsny0

Peyton,

Have you spoken to Janet about the colors you want? She's been very
accomodating to me and recently dyed a gradation of yellows I needed for a
special project, even though it wasn't a regular color run for her (and I got
them within a week!).

Another source is Primrose Gradations at:
http://www.dyearts.com/store/commerce.cgi

www.littleredquilthouse.com also has an extensive color selection (and great
prices), but the fabrics tend to be more mottled than what you seem to be
looking for.

-Michele

Old December 21st 03, 04:49 PM
Kathy Applebaum

I can't point you to any sites, but I've drooled over Cherrywood at shows
and can highly recommend them. The colors are *fabulous*!

--
Kathy A. (Woodland, CA)
longarm machine quilting, Queen of Fabric Tramps

Old December 21st 03, 05:25 PM
Nurse Ratched

http://www.joysfabrics.com

I've bought from them both times I've gone to the Houston show, but never mail
ordered.

Nurse Ratched (remove "cuckoo" from address to reply)
We'll all get back to normal if we put our nation first,
But the trouble with "normal" is, it always gets worse. ~Bruce Cockburn
Old December 21st 03, 05:49 PM
ally

In article , bugnut bugnut@i-
plus.net writes
Where's a good place to order hand dyed gradations? You know.....those sets
of gorgeous hand-dyed fat quarters that go through several shades of one
color?

I'm looking for a mauve/red violet gradation and another gradation that goes
from bright yellow to rich brown. I'd like them to be are fairly
solid ----- not too spotty or streaky
looking. I know about Cherrywood fabrics www.cherrywoodfabrics.com/
& Janet Smith http://www.textileart.com/

Thanks for pointing me to other mail-order businesses!

Peyton

Joys fabrics do the most gorgeous color wheels in all sizes and
graduations. I have bought from them at Houston but not mail order,
though they do have a website - http://www.joysfabrics.com/

:-)
--
ally
website: www.alcom.demon.co.uk
Old December 21st 03, 07:09 PM
Lenora C

here is a place for hand dyed graduates
http://www.bryerpatch.com/cgi-bin/St...#fabricforsale

Lenora
in Illinois

Old December 21st 03, 09:14 PM
Natalie

I recently found this place... Haven't bought from them, but it's
lots of funt o look at!

http://www.lunnfabrics.com

Scorpio

Old December 21st 03, 09:59 PM
Ellison

Howdy!
I have some of Joy's fabric; wonderful goodies that make
ya' feel good! (Joy and her husband do the fabric
around their real job at a defense plant in Ft.Worth. g)
Fabulous colors. Luscious, even. Lots of tie-dye looks in the
t-shirts and dresses, too.
Really nice folks, too, who live just "down the road" from
here. They show up at all the local quilt shows and have
been done a couple of demonstration programs at our guild.
http://www.joysfabrics.com

Ragmop/Sandy--not affiliated except as a fan and customer

Old December 22nd 03, 12:08 AM
Queen of Squishies

Which is more than we might say for Peyton, and Michele, hmmmm.........?

Ragmop/Sandy--not affiliated except as a fan and customer

Old December 22nd 03, 01:40 PM
Diana Curtis

Hmmmmmmmm....
So, I'm not paranoid, there really are spammers here.
Diana, looking over her shoulder

--
Queen of FAQs
Royal Peace Maker