O(n) Topic -- lessons learned

Old March 9th 04, 04:17 PM
anne

Default O(n) Topic -- lessons learned

Lesson 1: I'm bad at math. Despite running numbers for dimensions through my
head several times, a just completed piece of 'art' is too big for off the
shelf 11 x4 frame and too small (not enough fabric) for off the shelf 16 x 20
frame.

Lesson 2: Wool covers large areas faster than floss.

Lesson 3: I lose fine details, especially facial features, when tracing designs

Lesson 4: this stuff is addictive

another Anne, add ingers to frugalf to reply
Old March 9th 04, 08:27 PM
Linda Wright

anne wrote in message news.com...
Lesson 1: I'm bad at math. Despite running numbers for dimensions through my
head several times, a just completed piece of 'art' is too big for off the
shelf 11 x4 frame and too small (not enough fabric) for off the shelf 16 x 20
frame.

Can you somehow mount it to something else and then use a mat to cover
the area for the 16X20?

Lesson 2: Wool covers large areas faster than floss.

Doesn't this make you feel like your actually accomplishing something?
I love that feeling!

Lesson 3: I lose fine details, especially facial features, when tracing designs

Me too, that's why I always keep a reference picture nearby and try to
place those features with needle and thread.

Lesson 4: this stuff is addictive

Yup!

What did you make?

Linda in columbia, mo
Old March 9th 04, 10:59 PM
Dianne Lewandowski

anne wrote in message news.com...

Lesson 1: I'm bad at math. Despite running numbers for dimensions through my
head several times, a just completed piece of 'art' is too big for off the
shelf 11 x4 frame and too small (not enough fabric) for off the shelf 16 x 20
frame.

Can you piece it with muslin strips to get it into a larger frame, and
then use a matt? Linda W, I think, suggested this, also.

Lesson 2: Wool covers large areas faster than floss.

Wait until you try Australian wool embroidery!! g

If you send me a pic, I'll put it up for all to see. :-)
Dianne

Old March 10th 04, 12:09 AM
anne

Linda Wright said

Can you somehow mount it to something else and then use a mat to cover
the area for the 16X20?

Lo and behold, not only was AC Moore having a 40% off sale on frames, they even
had 12 x 14 and 14 x 18 ones which they don't usually carry in my store. I
bought both and ended up using the 12 x 14.

Y'all will most likely flame me big time -- I used a handpainted canvas which
my sister spent big bucks on as my inspiration.

Note to Dianne -- thanks for offering web space but you can see the stuff at:
http://home.comcast.net/~frugalfingers/index.html