Home stretch

Old December 29th 03, 11:46 PM
CMM PDX2

Katherine wrote:

Monica,
Keith and I have similar deals. I cook, and he does the dishes.
He makes the bed, because he is the last one out of it. g
Laundry - well, that is pretty much my responsibility, although
yesterday he had to take over when my temp spiked. It still isn't
50/50, but I am working on it. Oh, and the best thing I ever did
when we remodelled was to put the laundry room on the
ground floor.

Way to go, Katherine - you obviously chose a great guy! Here's to *all* the
guys out there who understand they didn't marry a maid. (or maybe, to their
mothers who made sure they knew how to do for themselves. g)

Heh - I do wish I was on the ground floor, but then I also think how noisy
upstairs neighbors can get in an apartment building. Six of one, half dozen of
another. Oh, to be in a house!

I sure hope you keep getting better. May it not be too much longer until you're
feeling just fine.

Hugs,
Monica
CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
Old December 30th 03, 12:15 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On 29 Dec 2003 23:46:37 GMT, CMM PDX2 wrote:

Katherine wrote:

[...]

I have to admit, that Don's VERY good about helping, his mom was GREAT, his
first wife was great, and the NAVY taught him, a place for everything, and
everything in it's place... so, very lucky am I.
He's a better cook than I am, on the everyday stuff... I get bored... now a
fancy dinner, that's my forte'.
I think I've told this before.... but in our southwestside neighborhood of
Chicago, during the 60;s, the women did NOT mow the lawns... well, my mom
DID... she was a stay at home wife and mom, and felt Dad worked six days a
week, ... the least she could do was MOW.... but OH, the neighborhood
cluccked and clucked... so mom got herself a shirt, well 2 actually, a
tshirt and a sweatshirt... that said in huge letters front and back...

It's OK !!! HE does the dishes !!!

Our next door neighbor started mowing her lawn too.... grin!
Hugs,
Noreen
Katherine, I sure hope you feel better!

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 30th 03, 04:14 AM
Katherine

"Noreen's Knit*che" wrote I have to admit, that Don's VERY good about
helping, his mom was GREAT, his
first wife was great, and the NAVY taught him, a place for everything, and
everything in it's place... so, very lucky am I.
He's a better cook than I am, on the everyday stuff... I get bored... now

fancy dinner, that's my forte'.
I think I've told this before.... but in our southwestside neighborhood of
Chicago, during the 60;s, the women did NOT mow the lawns... well, my mom
DID... she was a stay at home wife and mom, and felt Dad worked six days a
week, ... the least she could do was MOW.... but OH, the neighborhood
cluccked and clucked... so mom got herself a shirt, well 2 actually, a
tshirt and a sweatshirt... that said in huge letters front and back...

It's OK !!! HE does the dishes !!!

LOL I love it!!!
Hugs,
Katherine

Old December 30th 03, 04:15 AM
Katherine

Monica wrote:

Way to go, Katherine - you obviously chose a great guy! Here's to *all*

the
guys out there who understand they didn't marry a maid. (or maybe, to

their
mothers who made sure they knew how to do for themselves. g)

Oh, believe me, it wasn't Keith's mother who made him like this! If it were
up to her, he would do nothing at all! Not even make his own coffee. She
used to be horrified that I didn't do these things. g

Heh - I do wish I was on the ground floor, but then I also think how noisy
upstairs neighbors can get in an apartment building. Six of one, half

dozen of
another. Oh, to be in a house!

YOu have a point. But at least you have an elevator, don't you?

I sure hope you keep getting better. May it not be too much longer until

you're
feeling just fine.

From your keyboard to God's ears!
Katherine

Old December 30th 03, 04:45 AM
CMM PDX2

Katherine wrote:

Monica wrote:

snip
Heh - I do wish I was on the ground floor, but then I also think
how noisy upstairs neighbors can get in an apartment
building. Six of one, half dozen of another. Oh, to be in a
house!

YOu have a point. But at least you have an elevator, don't you?

Nope, suburbia-type apt. buildings, outside entrances, stairs. Gack. g
However, I'll take aching knees over living downtown *any* day.

Oh, and sincerely hope you don't have to go any place New Year's Eve, but can
stay home and recuperate comfortably...

Monica

CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
Old December 30th 03, 09:07 AM
Cher

Perhaps they didn't do any laundry??? Lol... It is funny when you realise
what someone else has missed out on. Maybe they originally had it all
linked up, and years later disconnected and used some other form best known
to themselves.

Cheers....Cher

NoraBalcer wrote in message
Cher,

That is what I tell DH, there's always tomorrow. We have hardwood floors
throughout the house and the swiffer is the neatest thing to use for dust
cloths and on the floor, even does the panelling great too. The one thing

that
sold this house for me was it has a big laundry room on the main floor.

Now, a
good one to go along with it, it has two huge laundry tubs and they never

had
been connected to the water main. That was the first thing we did and boy

do we
ever use those sinks. Why the people we bought the house from with five

kids
never did that is beyond me.

Hugs,

Nora

---

Old December 30th 03, 01:17 PM
Katherine

"CMM PDX2" wrote Katherine wrote:

Monica wrote:

snip
YOu have a point. But at least you have an elevator, don't you?

Nope, suburbia-type apt. buildings, outside entrances, stairs. Gack. g
However, I'll take aching knees over living downtown *any* day.

Ack!!! Six flights with no elevator!!!!Dear Lord!

Oh, and sincerely hope you don't have to go any place New Year's Eve, but

can
stay home and recuperate comfortably...

Nope, no New Year's Eve celebrations for us. I will probably spend the day
between the couch and the computer, with an occasional foray to the chair in
front of the TV to knit. Dead boring, usually, but this year, it sounds
terrific.
Katherine

Old December 31st 03, 09:24 AM
CMM PDX2

Katherine wrote:

Ack!!! Six flights with no elevator!!!!Dear Lord!

Oh, no, no, no...sorry, I was using the 'six of one, half dozen of the other'
expression, not literally. g Don't worry, it's only *one* flight of stairs.
Thank heavens! Six flights, I'd drop dead!

Oh, and sincerely hope you don't have to go any place New Year's Eve, but

can
stay home and recuperate comfortably...

Nope, no New Year's Eve celebrations for us. I will probably
spend the day between the couch and the computer, with an
occasional foray to the chair in front of the TV to knit. Dead
boring, usually, but this year, it sounds terrific.

Exactly what I plan, too. Good, hope you have a nice, cosy evening. And
everyone else recovering from that nasty stuff, too. Everyone - get better
soon!

Monica

CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
Old December 31st 03, 01:52 PM
Katherine

CMM PDX2 wrote:
Katherine wrote:

Ack!!! Six flights with no elevator!!!!Dear Lord!

Oh, no, no, no...sorry, I was using the 'six of one, half dozen of
the other' expression, not literally. g Don't worry, it's only
*one* flight of stairs. Thank heavens! Six flights, I'd drop dead!

Oh, good! I could even manage that much. g
Katherine

Best Home Base Work Reynard Beads 0 November 10th 04 12:53 AM
OT My Wedding Invitations Christina Doucette Quilting 89 June 1st 04 01:41 AM
OT sorta : Back home and back online - long Heather Cross Quilting 3 May 11th 04 03:45 AM
finally back home, good news and bad news Terbear Quilting 3 April 8th 04 02:37 PM
She's Home!!! mkahogan Beads 4 August 7th 03 05:47 PM