Home stretch

Old December 28th 03, 11:24 PM
NoraBalcer

Gee, and I thought I was the only one who hates housework, at least I'm not
alone. I've told DH if he doesn't like what he sees, I'll show him once how to
do it.

Hugs,

Nora
Old December 28th 03, 11:40 PM
Slinky

Amen sister! My DH likes to make little comments - I tell him that if
he wanted a maid he should have married one, and doesn't he remember
what my place looked like before we got married? I've also finally
drilled him on the fact that it is not my job to know where everything
is in this house - particularly the stuff I don't know he has but
expects me to locate for him.

My boy is 6 and beginning to have a grasp of the value of the buck.
So he gets a $3/wk allowance now, contingent upon three things: he
sorts his own laundry (and unballs those toxic socks!), cleans his
bathroom twice a week, and makes his bed every morning. Heck, his
bathroom is fully 25% of any housework that gets done around here
during any given week *g*

Not only is my house pretty much fireproof, it is also easy to clean,
so I shouldn't really b*tch the way I do. The commercial dustmop
makes short work of sweeping, and I can literally turn the hose on the
floors and squeegee it into one of the bathrooms if I have to (and I
have done just that twice since we moved in). But I don't do windows,
and dusting is something I'm going to add to the boy's allowance
chores once I rearrange the knicknack shelf and put the little Limoges
boxes on the top shelf out of his reach...

Michelle
Who doesn't serve food poisoning and who DOES keep up with the
catboxes (two boxes, five cats - if I skip a day with the scoop
somebody lets me know in a way I don't like)

Old December 29th 03, 01:59 AM
JJMolvik

The other one is, "If you're coming to visit me, come anytime. If you're
coming to see the house, make an appointment."

JJMolvik

Old December 29th 03, 02:10 AM
CMM PDX2

LOL, Nora and Slinky!

I got Mike already trained - I was his second wife, and he'd been a bachelor
for something like 8 years when he met me. So he knew very well how to cook,
clean, do laundry, 'n so forth. (I do too, but oh, how I hate doing it!) So we
just traded off. About the only things either one of us did with any
exclusivity were laundry, dishes, and cooking. I love to cook, hate to wash
dishes. Mike didn't mind the lugging of clothes to the apt. laundry room, hated
folding and putting away. So I cooked and folded (lots of permanent press
eg), he washed dishes and clothes. Everything else was done together or
alternately. Talk about lucky!

And I'll tell ya, what with getting older, my knees giving me trouble, and
having to go up and down stairs to do laundry in this place - boy, do I miss
Mike for more than just himself. I get *very* sentimental about him every time
I have to wash even one load of clothes! He'd get a good laugh out of that. )

Monica
CMMPDX2 at aol
remove 'eat.spam' to email me
---------
"No, that isn't me you saw - I'm not here, I'm incognito!" (Me, Myself & I)
Support our Troops!!
http://www.wtv-zone.com/kjsb/bataan.html
Old December 29th 03, 02:53 AM
Carol

I thought of getting a maid, but I'd have to clean before the maid
could start coming in twice a week, then I'd have to clean in between
visits. So what's the point of having a maid?

Clean enough to be healthy, dirty enough to be HAPPY!

"come in, sit down, relax, converse.... the
house doesn't always look like this, sometimes it's worse!"

"If you're coming to visit me, come anytime. If you're
coming to see the house, make an appointment."

All very good, but my favorite is hanging in my craft room -- it says "Creative
mess is better than idle neatness." And my XSIL had a three-part plaque that
had "Please do not touch the dust" on the first part, "You may touch the dust
but please don't write in it" on the second, and on the last part it said, "You
may write in the dust but please don't date it."

Carol -- who only dusts when her mother is coming to visit...

Still stitchin' and smilin'
Carol in SC

Old December 29th 03, 05:01 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

On 29 Dec 2003 02:53:53 GMT, Carol wrote:

Carol -- who only dusts when her mother is coming to visit...

Still stitchin' and smilin'
Carol in SC

ROTFLMAO, Don says the only time the house it neat is when my mother comes
to visit...... he actually LIKES for her to visit... go figure, LOL!
Noreen
who does have to clean, DD1 is coming next weekend for our late Christmas,
AND you never know when the realtor might cal.......
yeeessshhhh

--
STRIP * tease * to email me.
Old December 29th 03, 07:45 AM
Cher

Well done Slinky, it is a great achievement....oh yes blow the house work,
that'll still be there tomorrow...get it done...

Cheers.....Cher

Slinky wrote in message
I'm on the home stretch with the Aran. I got the one sleeve knitted
down to the ribbing - finished the last few rounds this morning,
actually. I've picked up the second sleeve and I'm 8 rounds to the
good on it.

Quite possibly I'll have all but the ribbing finished by knitting
tomorrow night and everybody can critique it. Of course I'll have to
blow off laundry and housework to knit...

I'm just hoping I made the body long enough, as I'm tired-tired-tired
of this sweater and just want to finish it and be done with it!

---

Old December 29th 03, 04:18 PM
Katherine

Monica,
Keith and I have similar deals. I cook, and he does the dishes. He makes the
bed, because he is the last one out of it. g Laundry - well, that is
pretty much my responsibility, although yesterday he had to take over when
my temp spiked. It still isn't 50/50, but I am working on it. Oh, and the
best thing I ever did when we remodelled was to put the laundry room on the
ground floor.
Katherine

Old December 29th 03, 05:54 PM
JJMolvik

We lucked out with our home: Our laundry is on the middle floor with all
the bedrooms.

JJMolvik

Old December 29th 03, 08:55 PM
NoraBalcer

Cher,

That is what I tell DH, there's always tomorrow. We have hardwood floors
throughout the house and the swiffer is the neatest thing to use for dust
cloths and on the floor, even does the panelling great too. The one thing that
sold this house for me was it has a big laundry room on the main floor. Now, a
good one to go along with it, it has two huge laundry tubs and they never had
been connected to the water main. That was the first thing we did and boy do we
ever use those sinks. Why the people we bought the house from with five kids
never did that is beyond me.

Hugs,

Nora

Best Home Base Work Reynard Beads 0 November 10th 04 12:53 AM
OT My Wedding Invitations Christina Doucette Quilting 89 June 1st 04 01:41 AM
OT sorta : Back home and back online - long Heather Cross Quilting 3 May 11th 04 03:45 AM
finally back home, good news and bad news Terbear Quilting 3 April 8th 04 02:37 PM
She's Home!!! mkahogan Beads 4 August 7th 03 05:47 PM