where's the THRILL in crafts?

Old October 20th 03, 12:56 AM

Default where's the THRILL in crafts?

where's the THRILL in crafts?

(Celia=A0Mitschelen)
snip
Also try to be consistent. When I first started reading this n.g.
someone posted a date for a sidewalk sale in some town and said there
would be good buys on fabrics and he was hit with a ton of bricks. Not
too long ago someone posted the dates for a factory sale and not only
was there no objection but this poster received thanks for doing it.
I can't follow the logic of all this.
Celia
---
It is rather incomprehensible, isn't it? I don't know why the
sidewalk sale poster was flamed, but l plead guilty on something similar
to the second, yer honor! I think it has to do with the fact that most
of us are dyed-in-the-wool fabriholics, and are always happy to share
good sources, since shopping is intrinsic to sewing.
OTOH, we want 'our' discussion site to stay relatively
germ--uh--spam-free. Surely you have been to discussion sites where spam
has completely taken over? I agree with you, though: I do think the
necessary pillorying goes on endlessly sometimes. I believe it's called
'Beating a dead horse'.
Well, to summarize: we want to have our cake and eat it too. Nothing
wrong with that. Pass me a piece, please, welcome to the sewing room,
and pull up yer sewing chair to the table, Celia.
(another) Cea

Old October 20th 03, 03:59 PM
Penny S

IMS spray painted on a boxcar:
On Sun, 19 Oct 2003 19:56:03 -0400 (EDT),
wrote:
where's the THRILL in crafts?

(Celia Mitschelen)
[...]

Newsgroups don't have moderators. Reminders to ad posters
on the NG from the regular subscribers is the only thing that keeps
some newsgroups from getting overrun with them.,,,it helps to keep
the ads down because others read them.

As to consistency, perhaps no one 'caught' the post on another NG, for
whatever reason. Or perhaps their subject line contained a word in my
killfile so I didn't see it at all. Or I didn't because maybe I
don't post there, but I would have pointed it out to the poster if I
had.

some of the differences a if I mention that someplace is having a sale,
I'm doing all a favor and I am not profiting off it. If I post that **I** am
having a sale, I am profiting off it and that's SPAM

Penny