Hey?? Spinning adventure

Old December 28th 03, 10:39 PM
Cher

Default Hey?? Spinning adventure

Well, today I was messing about with two singles on my single treadle
wheel, and have ended up with little oblong bead looking bits on my yarn.

Here is the recipe to do it. Hold one yarn taughter than the other, then
every two or three inches let the other yarn, repeat itself over and over
about four times, and about the length of an inch, then carry on plying as
usual and repeat..

I'll put the camera on charge and shove a picture up somewhere...lol

Cheers......cher

---

Old December 30th 03, 01:56 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Cher"
wrote:

Well, today I was messing about with two singles on my single treadle
wheel, and have ended up with little oblong bead looking bits on my yarn.

Here is the recipe to do it. Hold one yarn taughter than the other, then
every two or three inches let the other yarn, repeat itself over and over
about four times, and about the length of an inch, then carry on plying as
usual and repeat..

I'll put the camera on charge and shove a picture up somewhere...lol

Cheers......cher

Lots of fun to do, so are many other fancy yarns......

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....
Old December 30th 03, 08:59 AM
Cher

Thanks Els, I did it by accident, to start with....chatting to one of my
daughters, and noticed I'd gone over the same bit a few times....so I undid
it and made it more uniform.

Most unique items in spinning and weaving are accidents aren't they??

Cheers.....cher

Old January 1st 04, 08:31 AM
Els van Dam

In article , "Cher"
wrote:

Thanks Els, I did it by accident, to start with....chatting to one of my
daughters, and noticed I'd gone over the same bit a few times....so I undid
it and made it more uniform.

Most unique items in spinning and weaving are accidents aren't they??

Cheers.....cher

Yes, mistakes become a whole new chapter of fun

Els

--
I have added a trap for spammers......niet.....

spinning Bibe Yarn 37 November 27th 04 03:49 AM
Cotton Spinning 1913 weaving vintage FA Sarah Mc. Marketplace 0 October 29th 04 12:58 AM
correction...should read antique french spinning wheel not spinning machine Jacqueline Butt Yarn 0 November 25th 03 12:32 AM
Converts to spinning CMM PDX2 Yarn 7 October 30th 03 12:50 AM
Spinning and Weaving Neal Rogers Yarn 80 August 22nd 03 10:35 AM