Help finding a computer cross stitch program...

Old September 27th 03, 06:55 PM
Perpetual Student

Default Help finding a computer cross stitch program...

You all have helped me several times before, and here I am again asking for
help. I have been working on a counted cross stitch piece that I have
dubbed "In Search of Sirius" (The dog star). It shows a brightly colored
wizard looking through an antique telescope. I have made a number of small
changes to the design to make it more special for my husband, including
adding the constellation "Sirius" in the window, but now I want to add a
German Shepard dog looking on... the real dog star, and Daddy's Darlin....
One of you directed me to a lovely small GSD in Paws and Claws, but it is
still double the size I can accomodate without making the piece "all dog".
Now for the question...

1. Is there a piece of software that will allow me to key in the pattern an
help me reduce the size by combining pixels, and
2. Is it possible that the software would allow me to rotate the dog a bit?

Anyhelp you can give me is appreciated.

Being watched over by Daddy's Darlin....

Old September 27th 03, 09:25 PM
Brenda Lewis

I can't help you software-wise, but I have an idea. If you are using
linen/evenweave, you could stitch the dog over one thread and the rest
of the design over two. This would make the dog 1/4 the size of the
pattern you currently have. It would take some attention to detail to
add it in this way and will require some adjusting if the GS pattern
contains fractional stitches, but should look good when finished.

BTW, I'm sure you mean the constellation "Canis Major" which contains
the star named "Sirius" (Alpha Canis Majoris).

--
Brenda Lewis
...who was an astrophysics major in a galaxy far, far away...