Ut Oh, I showed mom-in-law my grandmothers screens

Old January 22nd 04, 04:51 AM
Ruthie

Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr. wrote:

I am thinking of using a goldish bronze monofilament to do this for
her.
Unless someone has something else in mind that might hold up longer or
look better, I'll go with the monofilament. I cannot get horsehair
anymore!

Gary, you can get bundles of horsehair (meant for fancy Western tack &
hatband braiding) from both Weaver Leather, and Tandy.

Old January 22nd 04, 03:39 PM
Karen C - California

I cannot get horsehair anymore!

Of course you can. Just go talk to Mr. Ed. He's got plenty. VBEG

--
Finished 12/14/03 -- Mermaid (Dimensions)
WIP: Angel of Autumn, Calif Sampler, Holiday Snowglobe, Guide the Hands (2d

Paralegal - Writer - Editor - Researcher
http://hometown.aol.com/kmc528/KMC.html
Old January 22nd 04, 11:30 PM
Farleyaw

Horsehair? What kind of horsehair?.....body or mane and tail or both? I've
got a very furry horse and pony that will both be shedding very soon. The pony
especially has gobs of hair - enough to make a rug! If you really want
horsehair I'll send you a big bag! You'll get 2 colors - chestnut brown and
white. Only thing is - you have to wash it and seperate out the colors. I've
got to thin out the pony's mane and tail too so you can have that if you want
it - it's brown and very long and thin.

Anne
Old January 26th 04, 05:35 PM
Karen C - California

Someone has been going around one of the nearby rural areas chopping tails off
horses. Was that you, Gary?

Why on earth would someone want to do that? Well, apparently the journalist
chasing down the story found horsehair on eBay. So, there's a source for you
.... so long as you verify that the seller came by it legally, and not by
staging a midnight raid.

Old January 27th 04, 05:20 PM
Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.

Twarnt Me!

I live in TN now, frau has my wheels so I've become a hermit, hiding
in my office all day.

I finally learned how to use these phones here, ya turn the crank on
the side and ask Betty Jo to connect you with Billy Bob or Bubba or
Zeke. If they happen to be at the barber shop playin' checkers with
Jeb, Betty Jo will connect ya there instead. But not before tellin'
ya all about the weather based on Hilda Lou's bunions.

Vy Iz Der Tzo Minny Moe Orzziz Azziz Dan Der Iz Orzziz?

TTUL
Gary

Old January 27th 04, 08:13 PM
Karen C - California

In article ,
am (Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.) writes:

If they happen to be at the barber shop playin' checkers with
Jeb, Betty Jo will connect ya there instead.

That was the good part of the old-fashioned phone systems. The place where I
was trained on switchboard, you had to go through the operator to reach even
the office next door. If I needed to go to another department for a while, my
calls followed me; if I needed an answer to a question, I didn't have to wait
for the engineer to get back to his desk -- I got connected to the lab or
wherever else he was troubleshooting. Wasted a lot less time than I do now.

They did eventually come up with a "follow me" feature for the new phones, but
if you're going to three different places, you have to go back to your desk
each time to reprogram it, rather than just picking up the phone and saying
"I'm leaving Shipping and walking toward Inspection." (And half the staff
never did figure out how to turn on Follow Me and the other half never
remembers to set it, so what's the point?)

OTOH, if I really absolutely positively needed to be left in peace to
concentrate on something, all I had to do was tell the operator. Urgent calls
still got through, which they don't with the new phone system's "do not
disturb" button.

Old January 28th 04, 12:36 AM
Jenn Liace

On 27 Jan 2004 12:20:03 EST, am
(Gary V. Deutschmann, Sr.) wrote:

Vy Iz Der Tzo Minny Moe Orzziz Azziz Dan Der Iz Orzziz?

bwahahaha I love it!

Jenn L.
http://community.webshots.com/user/jaliace
http://sewu9corn.blogspot.com
Current projects:
Lady Scarlet's Journey (Just Nan)
Simply Sensational January Calendar (Mill Hill)
Lady of the Flag (Mirabilia)
Old January 31st 04, 09:37 AM
Ruthie

I cannot get horsehair anymore!

Yes you can - at Tandy Leather.

Ruthie who just shopped there yesterday

alowan atty earthlink dotty net

Old January 31st 04, 09:11 PM
LUSNMYMIND

I have a horse, about to have two. Both of them are bays, with black mane and
tails. There are two Tennessee Walkers at the barn, both have very very long
manes and tails, black. Howmuchyaneed? : )

Rhonda