Quilting Software ...

Old January 20th 05, 09:21 PM
Jim Hughes

Good Afternoon ...

.... thank you. It sure is fine to get all of these responses; I am sure
they will all help in my quest.

Take care ...
Jim Hughes
*************************************
"Roberta Zollner" wrote in message
I tried EQ....whatever..... some years ago and it didn't thrill me. No
doubt all the quilt software has improved dramatically since then, but this
is not how I make quilts. You might want to check with your wife, or find a
trial program so she can see if this will be really helpful or just a
clever toy to play with for a few weeks to make you feel good. My loved one
is eager to provide me with software, he has entered nerdvana, but really
the only software I want is woven out of cotton!
Roberta in D

"Jim Hughes" schrieb im Newsbeitrag
Good Morning ...

I sure would appreciate your advice regarding quilting software.

My wife is now 'into' quilting, and I would like to purchase quilting
software to assist in her efforts.

Your advice, as quilters, will sure make my task easier, as you have been
down that road, and have used quilting software ... be them beginner, or
advanced, programs.

Thank you for your consideration & time ...
Jim Hughes

Old January 20th 05, 09:22 PM
Jim Hughes

Good Afternoon ...

.... thank you for your leads. Great to hear from real, live, users of the
products.

Thank you for your help.
Jim Hughes
****************************
"hfw" wrote in message
I have both Electric Quilt and Quilt Pro and MUCH prefer EQ.

--Heidi

http://community.webshots.com/user/rabbit2b

Old January 20th 05, 09:24 PM
Jim Hughes

Good Afternoon ...

.... fantastic; thank you for the help.

.... one question and many answers !

I will pursue all of the leads.
Thank you.
Jim Hughes
********************************
"Zoey's mom" wrote in message
ink.net...
I like using EQ5. It is easy to use and not expensive. Also, there are
other programs that plug into it that you can get for about 20.00-30.00
each, like Sew Precise. My granddaughter who is 10 has used my EQ5 to
design her own quilt.
Zoey's Mom

Old January 21st 05, 01:44 AM
Susan Laity Price

Using EQ5 saves me many hours when designing a quilt. If your wife
doesn't like to use the computer you could master the program and do
the actual hands on work to run the program while she sits by and
tells you where to put the lines. This could become a real
togetherness thing. Glad to hear you are supporting her in her new
hobby.

Susan

Old January 21st 05, 04:42 AM
Julia in MN

I have Quilt Pro 3. I really like being able to try out colors; it has
saved me from some costly goof-ups. Sometimes what seems to be okay in a
single block just doesn't work in a whole quilt. Sometimes just
switching the red and the blue (for example) can make a world of
difference. I also like being able to print out the foundations for
foundation paper piecing. Someday (maybe soon) I plan to upgrade to the
latest version of Quilt Pro. I'd probably try EQ5, but I can upgrade my
QP for much less money.

Julia in MN

http://webpages.charter.net/jaccola/