WTD: Info on a Walton Celestial (516 MKIII)

Old October 11th 16, 03:46 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
[email protected]

Default WTD: Info on a Walton Celestial (516 MKIII)

On Wednesday, February 14, 1996 at 6:00:00 PM UTC+10, Billie-Marie Neal wrote:
Hi everyone,
Recently i brought a second-hand Sewing Machine here in New Zealand.
It works really well. But unfortunely it didn't come with a Manual.
Here in New Zealand nobody knows anything about them...
I think it comes from America, and says it's made in Japan.
So could anybody offer any history on this brand...How good are they?

Any help would be appericated!
Thank You.
Billie-M.

You have scored a major find. They are little work horses that go forever. They were made using the name Kenmore for America, Globe for NZ, Waltons for Australia and something else in the UK. Different branding and power wattage but same sturdy machine, made in Japan as you say. Today it would cost you $800 to buy a machine of that quality. I have a manual for the Waltons 270 which may help. Send me your email address and I'll attach it for you. It will be very similar. I've researched hugely over the past 5 months after major disappointment with Husqvarna and Singer, now making rubbish.. All that research led me to Elna and Kenmore, equally reviewed but Kenmore cheaper for same thing. Then I found that Kenmore in Australia was waltons and i've bought 3 on gumtree in the past 6 months. I reckon that will last me a lifetime. No more searching for quality. There are groups for Kenmores in America. I would love to find how the coding ties up, a walton's 270 = kenmore 1050 = globe cub 4 but I can find no general link. Waltons went broke in the 80's which makes it hard to trace, but the machines were made by Jaguar in Japan.

Good luck.
Kathy

--.
--
Billie-Marie Neal
Waitara

Old March 12th 20, 01:33 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.sewing
[email protected]

Amazing thank you for that so basically I have a jaguar sitting on my bench 🤣 if you can please email me the manual too please use uppercase for header so I don’t miss it X