author, author!!

Old January 19th 05, 02:30 AM
Valkyrie

Default author, author!!

A while back one of our threads forked off to favorite books. I can't
remember which newsgroup it was in so I'm cross posting to cover all bases.
Somebody mentioned an author who was solving mysteries while dragging her
sewing machines around with her, or something like that. I actually did
write down the name of the author and her titles but now I can't find where
the heck I put the scrap of paper I wrote it on. Was her name Chloe or was
that the character name or has my entire frontal lobe finally turned to
oatmeal. Does anyone have a clue as to what I'm talking about?

Val

Old January 19th 05, 05:36 AM
small change

Valkyrie wrote:
A while back one of our threads forked off to favorite books. I can't
remember which newsgroup it was in so I'm cross posting to cover all
bases. Somebody mentioned an author who was solving mysteries while
dragging her sewing machines around with her, or something like that.
I actually did write down the name of the author and her titles but
now I can't find where the heck I put the scrap of paper I wrote it
on. Was her name Chloe or was that the character name or has my
entire frontal lobe finally turned to oatmeal. Does anyone have a
clue as to what I'm talking about?

Val

Chloe Green is the author of Fashion Victim and Designed to Die and maybe
some others. How could you not love a heroine who knows and loves ruching?

~Penny S

Old January 19th 05, 09:24 AM
Kate Dicey

small change wrote:

Valkyrie wrote:

A while back one of our threads forked off to favorite books. I can't
remember which newsgroup it was in so I'm cross posting to cover all
bases. Somebody mentioned an author who was solving mysteries while
dragging her sewing machines around with her, or something like that.
I actually did write down the name of the author and her titles but
now I can't find where the heck I put the scrap of paper I wrote it
on. Was her name Chloe or was that the character name or has my
entire frontal lobe finally turned to oatmeal. Does anyone have a
clue as to what I'm talking about?

Val

Chloe Green is the author of Fashion Victim and Designed to Die and maybe
some others. How could you not love a heroine who knows and loves ruching?

~Penny S

I'll have to look out for those...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk
Old January 19th 05, 04:01 PM
Karen Maslowski

And who solves crimes! A match made in heaven, IMO.

You might also look for the Mandy Dyer mysteries. Mandy owns a dry
cleaners, and she is always getting involved in crimes. Written by
Dolores Johnson; titles: Taken to the Cleaners, Hung up to Die, A Dress
to Die For, and so on.

Karen Maslowski in Ohio

Old January 19th 05, 08:49 PM
Sarah Dale

Valkyrie wrote:
A while back one of our threads forked off to favorite books. I can't
remember which newsgroup it was in so I'm cross posting to cover all bases.
Somebody mentioned an author who was solving mysteries while dragging her
sewing machines around with her, or something like that. I actually did

Or you are looking for books by Lizbie Brown with titles like Turkey
Tracks, Double wedding ring.

The books feature a retired american lady who has moved to Bath in the
UK, and who turns detective. The lady also owns a quilt store and sells
second hand / antique quilts, and also makes them. The books include
references to american quilting history, and there are quilt references
in the clues / detectives thought processes.

HTH

Sarah
Old January 19th 05, 10:52 PM
Denise Jameson in Ontario

Hey, and don't forget our own Jennifer Chiaverini and all of her Elm
Creek novels! :-)

Denise in Ontario, Canada (currently reading 'The Runaway Quilt'

Old January 21st 05, 12:53 AM

when I encounter a book I might like I go to Amazon and add it to my
wish list. Periodically I review my list - it's at least 6 pages
long-. sometimes I delete, if it was a passing fancy, sometimes I put
it in the front of my mind to look for at used stores and sometimes I
buy it then and there. I do that with music too- and you can
refresh your memory by listening to snippets online.
-
--
Kate, http://systems.cs.colorado.edu/~koli...f-formula.html
Mom to Ursula (10), Sage (7.5), Benno (4!!) Nothing is more