OT but drool-worthy. Gorgeous vintage clothes

Old January 19th 05, 06:42 PM
Elizabeth Young

Default OT but drool-worthy. Gorgeous vintage clothes

Monique Reed wrote:
This isn't an ad. I just know you guys, as textile artists, will
enjoy looking at these gorgeous clothes as much as I did. If you
could pick, what would you have? I'll take anything on the Edwardian
page

http://www.vintagetextile.com/index.html

Monique in TX
not affiliated, yeadda yadda

#1573 the embroidered dressing gown in the victorian section

liz young in foggy california
Old January 19th 05, 08:43 PM
Kate Dicey

Monique Reed wrote:

This isn't an ad. I just know you guys, as textile artists, will
enjoy looking at these gorgeous clothes as much as I did. If you
could pick, what would you have? I'll take anything on the Edwardian
page

http://www.vintagetextile.com/index.html

Monique in TX
not affiliated, yeadda yadda

Dress envy going on here! I'll take the 1709 red cotton print dress if
someone richer will pay for it for me...

Very like one I want to make. Big scale cotton prints are very period,
so some light weight curtain cotton could be used...

--
Kate XXXXXX
http://www.diceyhome.free-online.co.uk

Old January 20th 05, 12:01 AM
nana2b

I love 2 of the gowns, #1353 and #1355. Classic styles are "in"
forever. All dressed up and no place to go! Linda

Old January 20th 05, 12:44 AM
CNYstitcher

Well, I *had* ot go look, so here's my list:
1753
1673
1365
1587
1665
1724
1609
1745
1709
1731
1679
9150
9113
1712
1635
1493
c358
1245
c320
c314
c131
0833
1478
9170

Old January 20th 05, 12:45 PM
Kate Dicey

CNYstitcher wrote:

[...]

You're greedier than me! ;P Nice choices.
Old January 20th 05, 12:51 PM
Roberta Zollner

Wonderful site! I love all the early shoes and truly covet the 1790 crewel
embroidery linen skirt. Where do they get all this stuff?
Roberta in D

Old January 20th 05, 03:29 PM
CNYstitcher

Thanks Kate...there are really only 7 that made me lust for them...1587,
1665, 1745, 1709, 1731, 9170, and 1493. The rest are ones that would be
simply lovely to recreate or what-have-you. And being greedy is part
and parcel of being an only child, at least that is what I've been told
by my parents...lol

Larisa

Old January 20th 05, 03:31 PM
Pat in Virginia

Hey, I love Vintage party wear. So, Linda, let's get
dressed up and return to that Italian Restaurant in
Houston. What was the name?
PAT in VA/USA