O.T. Earthquake in NZ

Old December 20th 07, 02:19 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Debbi in SO CA

Default O.T. Earthquake in NZ

Just saw a notice online that there was a 6.8 magnitude earthquake in
New Zealand. Hope everyone is safe! Please check in.

Debbi in SO CA
Old December 20th 07, 05:33 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

just woke up. only 6:30am here and i'm still in a fog.
we didnt feel it up here. epicentre was 50km off the east coast of Gisborne,
North Island.
we are north of Gisborne.
heres the link to our national daily.
should be all the latest info on it.
http://www.nzherald.co.nz/
its a big one by our standards, tho not huuuuuuge, big enough tho.
so far in 30yrs i've never felt one and seems they come often.
must not be big ones where i am.
groggy still,
j.

"Debbi in SO CA" wrote...

Old December 20th 07, 08:05 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
Lenore L

The picture in the article shows the ruined Bernina store in Gisborne.
Sounds like tragedy to me!

Just teasing........

Lenore

Old December 20th 07, 08:45 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.quilting
nzlstar*[_2_]

uh oh, you're right. oh dear.
that pix was an update since i posted the link earlier.
first pix was a bottle store with broken baileys on the floor.
j.

"Lenore L" wrote...

Earthquake in CA AliceW Quilting 2 December 23rd 03 08:04 PM
eastern earthquake? Taria Quilting 6 December 10th 03 04:40 PM
OT eastern earthquake? Taria Quilting 1 December 9th 03 09:44 PM
OT now a little earthquake Taria Quilting 5 November 5th 03 03:37 PM
OT earthquake Dr. Sooz Beads 45 September 19th 03 04:57 AM