Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

Old June 11th 07, 05:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Olwyn Mary

Default Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!

Got a little cold earlier this week. Congested, tight breathing. Got
out the nebulizer and the Albuterol on Tuesday - haven't needed either
of them in months. Nebulizer quit working on Thur. Drugstore doesn't
carry them. Call pulmonologist office - assistant useless. Got on
line, ordered one over the net, it will arrive maybe Tueday.
Thought I could handle it, but lunchtime Sunday told dh "Sunday 1 p.m.,
most people will be watching sports on tv, maybe I could get quick
breathing treatment in the ER." went there, not too busy, got a
breathing treatment, said thank you very much, bye, and they told me Oh
No, we have more tests to do. taken further back, x-rays, IV etc.

Soooooooo. Here I am on the 7th floor of the hospital, with
antibiotics, steroids and I'm not sure what the other one is going in
IV, plus they have given me so much inhaled treatment I am totally dizzy
and cannot stand unaided.

Got dh to go home and bring me some toiletries, change of undies,
another book, and,OF COURSE, the laptop.

Hope to go home in the morning.

Olwyn Mary in New Orleans.

Old June 11th 07, 10:38 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On Jun 11, 4:58 pm, Olwyn Mary wrote:
Got dh to go home and bring me some toiletries, change of undies,
another book, and,OF COURSE, the laptop.

You have an Internet connection from your hospital bed - wow!
Admitedly the last time I was in hospital I was 9 and very scary nuns
ran the place. I'm sure things are much different now. : )

Get better soon.

VP

Old June 11th 07, 12:04 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Bernadette

Olwyn Mary wrote:

[...]

Oh dear Olwyn Mary, you don't do things by halves do you? It's a rotten
thing to happen but at least you are getting very good medical care and
it sounds as thought they'll make sure that you are 110% better before
they let you go.

Get well soon
with love and best wishes

Bernadette

Old June 11th 07, 04:28 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Jan[_2_]

Dear Olwyn Mary, I hope this finds you back in your home and feeling better.
Take care.

--
Jan in MN

Old June 13th 07, 03:45 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
MSey

Sorry to hear you're going through all this.
And though I know being kept in hospital is frustrating, I, personally,
always feel safer there than not when I'm really ill.

Sending good thoughts and prayers your way.

Murielle

.. .