YOOOOOHOOOOOO

Old May 24th 07, 08:46 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Mirjam Bruck-Cohen

Default YOOOOOHOOOOOO

anybody there ?
mirjam
Old May 25th 07, 04:17 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Spike Driver

Mirjam Bruck-Cohen wrote:
anybody there ?
mirjam

Hugs Mirjum,

What projects are you working on now.

Dennis
Old May 25th 07, 04:24 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Hello Mirjam!

Tell us what's new in your corner of the world.

VP

Old May 25th 07, 06:18 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Mirjam Bruck-Cohen" wrote in message
anybody there ?
mirjam

Hi Mirjam

It must be almost morning coffee time for you now. We're having cool, rainy
weather right now, but some sun and warmth forecast for Sunday. I hope so
since my tomato plants are sitting under plastic "hats" to keep them warm
and the frost off.

I'm finishing up a pair of socks now - just have to do the heel and the foot
and they're finished. I'm working on a tote bag which is to be felted for a
friend. I just made up my Christmas list the other day for projects to be
done for various people on my list.

What's new with you?

Shelagh

Old May 25th 07, 06:43 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On May 25, 5:18 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
I just made up my Christmas list the other day for projects to be
done for various people on my list.

Oh, is it really that time again already!

When it's Christmas time it's summer here in NZ and although I'd love
to gift wooly gloves and hats etc. but non-knitters don't necessarily
appreciate a gift they can't use for 6 months.

What do you all knit as summertime gifts or for people in warm
climates?

VP

Old May 25th 07, 05:25 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Katherine

On May 24, 3:46 pm, (Mirjam Bruck-Cohen) wrote:
anybody there ?
mirjam

Indeed! I have e-mailed you twice as well. Are you here? g

Higs,
Katherine

Old May 25th 07, 10:37 PM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Shillelagh

"Vintage Purls" wrote in message
ups.com...
On May 25, 5:18 pm, "Shillelagh" wrote:
I just made up my Christmas list the other day for projects to be
done for various people on my list.

Oh, is it really that time again already!

When it's Christmas time it's summer here in NZ and although I'd love
to gift wooly gloves and hats etc. but non-knitters don't necessarily
appreciate a gift they can't use for 6 months.

What do you all knit as summertime gifts or for people in warm
climates?

VP

That's a good question VP..... and one I'd have to think about for a
while.... let's see....

A lightweight beach cover-up or a shawl in a thin cotton yarn, or fine silk
or, or, or.
Beach bag
Beach hat
Cotton socks (I've made myself 2 pairs and love them)
Fancy up the straps on flip-flops with fun yarns.
I guess I'd just look in some summer issues of knitting/crochet magazines
and go from there.

Here, I'm able to do woolen socks, mittens, gloves, scarves, hats, shawls,
etc etc. ;)

Shelagh

Old May 26th 07, 02:14 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

Default Summer gift knitting

On May 26, 9:37 am, "Shillelagh" wrote:
A lightweight beach cover-up or a shawl in a thin cotton yarn, or fine silk

Lightweight shawls are a good idea - a crowd pleasure for sure.

Fancy up the straps on flip-flops with fun yarns.

He he. We call them jandals and although you can get them in more
elegant styles nowdays they were always made of rubber when I was a
kid (and to this day). Invariably dad would have to chase a jandal
down stream when we played in rivers on holiday - they are tricky
things to keep on your feet in a good current (but they did offer
protection from sharp stones). Mum used to make us shower in them when
we used facilities in camping grounds so as to avoid nasty foot
infections (I'm not sure that she was really saving us from anything
but she scared us good and proper).

I guess I'd just look in some summer issues of knitting/crochet magazines
and go from there.

Indeed but they are normally full of tank-top style wear for women and
I'm uncomfortable making a fitted garment for somebody who hasn't
requested it. For some reason there is always one knitted bikini
(shudder) in the summer issues of knitting magazines.

VP

Old May 26th 07, 02:56 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn

Well, a knitted "string bag" (there are a few free patterns online)
might be a welcome gift year-round, as might be a knitted
handbag/backpack, lace shawl, socks, etc.
Old May 26th 07, 02:58 AM posted to rec.crafts.textiles.yarn
Vintage Purls

On May 26, 1:41 pm, "YarnWright" wrote:
AND, what's wrong with knitted OR crocheted bikinis, if I may ask?
::SNORT::

Well apart from all the usual reasons why a bikini on ME is not a
pretty site. Knitted items stretch when wet (ask anyone who had to
wear a knitted swinsuit as a child), this is bad enough with a item
that has reasonable coverage but a teeny, weeny (sing it with me:
yellow, polka dot) bikini doesn't leave you much "insurance". I
suspect you'd be arrested in many parts of the world for stepping out
of the sea in a knitted bikini.

VP