Storing rubber stamps in a hot climate

Old July 22nd 05, 11:28 PM
Lee Choquette

Default Storing rubber stamps in a hot climate

We're moving some rubber stamps (mostly Stampin' Up, a few other brands)
out of a house that's being sold, and the relative who has inherited the
stamps is concerned about where we plan to store them.

The weather here is currently around 110-115F (43-46C) and the house is
cooled by an evaporative cooler. The next couple of weeks the humidity
will be fairly high (the "monsoon season"), so the cooler will have
little effect and it will probably be about that temperature inside the
house.

This relative thinks the stamps will be as good as garbage if stored in
this heat. Surely they use much higher temperatures to manufacture the
stamps?

What do people who live in similar climates -- say, Phoenix -- do to
protect their stamps from the heat?

Thanks,
Lee
Old July 24th 05, 01:11 AM
Kate Hass

Lee:
Since many of the stamps are Stampin' Up, I would contact the company
and ask! I aked my upline (I'm a demonstrator) and she has no answer
for you. The company website is www.stampinup.com. There is phone
number and e-mail contact info there for the company. Good luck.
Kate Hass

Old July 25th 05, 09:41 PM
Jeannette Marsala

While I wouldn't store them in direct sunlight, your stamps should be
fine in the heat. Not so sure about the humidity though. I live in CA,
so it doesn't get as hot or humid here, so I don't know how they would
fare there.

Jeannette