My News updates

Old October 17th 03, 03:48 PM
NoraBalcer

Hi Cher,

I've read all the comments and yes lady you are doing the right thing. A friend
of mine had to make the choice with her brother after her parents had passed
away. Know what, he went to a school and loved it, hated to come home on
holidays and couldn't wait to go back to be with his friends and new family.

Hugs,

Nora
Old October 17th 03, 05:54 PM
Cher

Well thanks for this, hopefully it will be time for me, if he gets the
chance to go there.

After all I've said about Edward, you'd all find him to be a likeable chap,
speech isn't too much of a problem, and he is a good looking young lad as
well (like his mom of course...lol) but he is so very very lovely, a great
sense of humour, and an easy going personality most of the time.
Cheers.....cher
"Ophelia" wrote in message

"Cher" wrote in message
Hi Ophelia, thanks, GP has this morning sent the form off that was

needed,
so that is a good thing...

Keeping everything crossed

No I won't be there forever, when one of my younger daughters last year
heard I was going to get him a term of at least 3yrs residency at a

training
college for special needs, her remarks were..."Oh surely you aren't

going
put him away!" lol, and my reply was, "No, I'm giving him the
opportunity to be independant, if something happens to me Michelle, are

YOU
gonna take him on?" Her reply to this was, a shrug and not really, I

think
the message drove home...{g).

EXACTLY!! It is amazing how many people criticize, until you offer them

the
change to put their money where their mouth is

GOOD FOR YOU GIRL!!!!!

I am not his playmate although at the moment I am his best friend, I

want
this altered, I want him to feel that he would rather be away than home

with
me... awful though that sounds,

No it does NOT sound awful. It is sensible and you are encouraging thim

have a wider circle of friends and support and to become as independant as
he can be.

it will one day be for the best for him. I
am fifty three, and totally exhausted mentally, I need to re-couperate

too!
No good burning the batteries out completely, and being an invalid for

him
to look after...oh heaven forbid....but you all know what I mean, I

ain't
getting any younger.

I don't know why some people think it is a cruel thing to do. How much
more cruel is it to have him depend on you totally until you are no longer
able to do so. He would be fearfully be floundering around in a world he
neither knows nor trusts.

He is a big heavy lad, he sits on my bed after his shower in the

morning,
dress him, not that he can't do it himself, but it is easier for me to

do
it, and one leg of his is really heavy, as he shoves it over my lap to

put
on his socks.

Hard physical work.

So it is this sort of thing, and sometimes some frustrated
tantrums, he shouts, and bangs, his speech is good, but oh he does get

mad
at things sometimes, these episodes are few and far between, and short
lived, but oh so waring when they erupt...

I believe you!!! You need to take good care of yourself now to have a
contented (knowing he getting the very best he needs) and peaceful life.
Time for you now love..and not before time too.

---

Old October 17th 03, 05:55 PM
Cher

this will be the best thing for me, if this happens, I want him to be a
friend now, more than a son, of course he'll always be my son, but this has
got to move on..

Cheers.....Cher

Old October 18th 03, 01:38 AM
Trish

Oh Cher.
My fingers & toes are crossed for him & you both:)

--
Trish
http://community.webshots.com/user/trishirvine

Old October 18th 03, 04:53 AM
Noreen's Knit*che

"Trish" wrote in message
Oh Cher.
My fingers & toes are crossed for him & you both:)

--
Trish
http://community.webshots.com/user/trishirvine
http://www.geocities.com/marshalldouglas2001/

Trish, you forgot to cross your EYES too! *I* did, grin!
And now Cher's afraid of a project exchange from me, giggle!
Now I have to fill in the blanks here... I CANNOT cross my eyes, never
could, I have severe ambliopia/lazyeye/ AKA walleye.
LOL,
Noreen

---

Old October 19th 03, 09:15 AM
Cher

I had this feeling that you were a little bit of a shy person, don't know
what gave me that impression, but there you are. Funny thing is, when I was
young I was terribly shy, but even though I get a bit self concious too,
you'd not believe it, when you see me working, and I'm as mad as a hatter,
up on tables, out the mens loo's...lol Wearing absolutely mental clothes,
walking up a bar, and just making a general idiot of myself, and my duo
partner is worse..(vbg).

So I think we all have these traits, but hide it best we can.

cheers......Cher

"Cher" wrote in message
Oh do have a go Noreen and get someone to take a pic, and post it

....what a
giggle.....Cher

LOL, Cher!
Y'know? Actually people tell me they don't notice till I point it out

(I'm
VERY self-conscious)... OR they notice right away and will ask someone
else... IE: one of my nieces asking What's wrong with Aunt Noreen's

eye?...
to one of her cousins, rather than asking ME!
LOL
Hugs,
Noreen

---